Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Take off and Landing of planes like C-130  (Read 1232 times)

chefd261

Take off and Landing of planes like C-130
« on: 28 Sep 2002, 00:21:58 »
I would like to know how to make jets and other planes in ofp take off and land.can it be done and how I have never seen it
done?I would primaraly like to use it for cuts and intros/outros.
But ingame action would also be desirable

thanks for anyone who can help

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Take off and Landing of planes like C-130
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2002, 00:51:30 »
For landing, put

plane1 land "land"

in a waypoint or trigger and your plane will head for the nearest operational airfield and, you've guessed it, land.   Look at the [un]official command refs for more info.

Take off is automatic from an operational airfield I think.   There is only one operational airfield per island.     If you want your plane to fly at a particular height use the flyinheight command.    If you want a plane to start a mission flying make sure its special box (where you can have In formation) is set to flying.    If you want a small moment of amusement place an A10 on the ground (somewhere not on an airfield) with a distant waypoint and watch him try to taxi there.

Have a wee search of this forum, I seem to remember this has come up before.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any specific problems and we'll try and help.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

ofp..hahha

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2002, 03:18:54 »
FLYINHEIGHT DOESNT WORK WITH PLANES

RedKnyte

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2002, 07:23:29 »
Yeah, it was me who posted this same question A LONG TIME AGO....during which my name was Morpheus21 if any1 of you people still know me at that time (be4 even OFPEC MkII was up...).Well, I think it was either icarus or LCD told me about this....If you want a plane to take off, set a move wpt on theb desired place and have the plane either on the runway or the taxiway and it will take off by itself naturally and if you want the plane to land, just put in a getout wpt on the runway and the plane will land by itself......this only happens if the plane is facing north, which means the plane could only land from the south-north direction and not from the north-south....after that it will taxi by itself to the airbase...

mcnils

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2002, 06:23:59 »

the land command doesnt work here...
the plane does just cycle over the airport but never land..

I used a tunderbolt and the C-130 plane for try..
and also the Civi plane.. they do not land... -.-

They just keep cycle for houers  :-X

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2002, 14:23:06 »
Try this.    Create a new mission on Everon or Malden.     Create a plane somewhere, make sure the special field is set to "flying" and call it plane1.  

Now give the plane a move waypoint.     Place the waypoint on the runway of the airfield in the north of the island.  (I'm not sure that it has to be on the runway, but better safe than sorry.)

In the "On activation" field of the waypoint put

plane1 land "land"

However, before you do this look up the official and unofficial command reference guides and check the syntax.

Worked for me.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Bronski

« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2002, 18:51:47 »
You can put planename land "land" in the init field of the plane and it will land.  No waypoints used.  I have gotten a C-130 to land like this, though it did smash its landing gear when it touched down.  ;D
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2002, 18:52:39 by Bronski »