Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Request: sample optics .p3d file  (Read 1231 times)

Rocko Bonaparte

Request: sample optics .p3d file
« on: 30 Oct 2004, 18:10:27 »
I wish to change the texture overlay for the Abram's gunner view optics.  I have a .paa file to try, but it's my understanding I need to create some kind of p3d file in order to use it.  I'm assuming somebody here has something like that easily laying around.  If it's very simple to do, I could try it in Oxygen myself if I knew how.

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
Re:Request: sample optics .p3d file
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2004, 08:30:28 »
K... here's the thing:
First find the .p3d by unpacking the Data3d.pbo by UNPBO (known also as PBO decryptor)(D/L from the editors depot) then find the file:
optika_tank_gunner.p3d

Then use texture swap utility (D/L from the editors depot) and change the
texture from "data3d\something.paa" to "yourAddonPbo\YourImage.paa

Tell me if you didn't get it and I can do it for you ;)!

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #2 on: 02 Nov 2004, 07:00:38 »
Well that seems to have worked.  I have to experiment with TGA files to make sure I'm doing everything right though.  I pretty much wanted a blank image for the scope view so that the optics wouldn't be blacked out anywhere.  That's easy enough to do, I guess I should make sure I save my original TGA files correctly if I plan to do anything more difficult.

If I got this correctly, in the gunner's sight, there are two images.  The first is the crosshairs, and the second is the scope.

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
« Reply #3 on: 02 Nov 2004, 16:09:45 »
It depends on the opics model, in the handheld weapons atleast it is so (it has two textures), but it depends on the optics model...

And remember that ofp image colour is only 16bit as photoshop saves 32/24bit.....