Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WRP Edit - Tool  (Read 1225 times)

Offline smileynick

• Members
  • i am smiley nick
WRP Edit - Tool
« on: 15 Oct 2004, 15:09:57 »
i have been making a island for a while now, and it has come to me, how do i add other objects into the island, i would like to insert the mapfact stuff but it is only compatable with WRP-Edit, i have upbo "ed" it put it into my island directory and the folder does not display, this also happes to a few other objects, is there anyway of opening it up in WRP tool?

Also is there any way of adding runway lights? i have used lamp posts to get the efect, but i am wondering if it would cause  lag?

thankyou

Smiley
ng

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
Re:WRP Edit - Tool
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2004, 10:39:50 »
There are some variations in ODOL formatted objects, there were a few isolated objects that the current public release of WRPtool had difficulty with. We believe that we've gotten those resolved in the current private active development editions, but we would really appreciate it if you could give us a list of the exact objects you are having difficulty with.

Secondly, because of changes that occur in the binarization process that ultimately affect the accurate placement of objects, there was a design decision to only provide extended feature support for ODOL formated objects. MLOD objects are placeable, but do not have wire-frame previews.

Placing runway lights in WRPtool  is a bit tricky as there is often no geometry iirc. The light I believe is generated from a static memory point. You can place and adjust the object, but in wire-frame 'real' mode you may not be able to locate the lights objects. To better facilitate this, turn off real mode to see the object box outlines.

You raise a number of interesting issues and questions, I would strongly recommend that you also check the official WRPtool forums at http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi for specific technical assistance.

Thanks.

Offline smileynick

• Members
  • i am smiley nick
« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2004, 13:22:48 »
Ok I will check out your forums

Many thanks

Nick
ng

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2004, 03:55:58 »
Just a note of clarification here. WRPtool can support placement of any sort of p3d formated object. To provide additional user-friendly object management features, the WRPtool project has some additional information files classifying common objects such as forests, buildings, bases, and roads. If you do not see your desired object listed, or are developing new objects, you can still use these objects by manually loading them into the object browser. For more information on how to do this, please check out the WRPtool manual. The management files are open and extensible to support adding the rich management features to every possible addon.

Thanks.