Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help please!  (Read 1390 times)

chapelow

Help please!
« on: 08 Jun 2004, 20:57:16 »
I thought this would be a sutable place to ask this question, so I will. Recently I visited Avon lady's OFP FAQ and I found out how to make my own Custom Face and I have, only problem is it won't bloody work.
I have saved it as a JPEG image and its name is FACE.JPG. I have also put it in my User Name folder on OFP's User folder. But still it won't work.

Can any body help me please?

chapelow

Re:Help please!
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2004, 16:28:18 »
Come on somebody must know!

Its makes me mad to do something that im proud of but it doesn't work. Like that face, its perfect its what I wanted. Problem is it won't work.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2004, 16:49:32 »
is it in ofp dimension sizes like 256x256 or 128x128

64x64 and stuff

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2004, 16:57:34 »
This has come up before in the Editing & Scripting:  General board.     Use the forum search function and see if you can find anything helpful.    

If you don't get much response on this board, you could maybe ask a moderator to move the thread to that one.   The ofpec forums are definitely the right place to ask such a question.

It's possible that the name face.jpg conflicts with something.    Try myFace1.jpg or something.  

How do you know it doesn't work?   What exactly is happening/not happening?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

chapelow

« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2004, 20:42:23 »
Well it doesn't appear in the face catagory on the Edit User screen. Which is a pain.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jun 2004, 21:26:07 »
are you choosing the "Custom Face" in the face selecting screen

chapelow

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2004, 16:46:24 »
Yes.

MSG Bushmaster

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2004, 17:04:33 »
Don't know if this will help any. But I had the same proble a while ago. I had placed mine in a folder named faces, along with a few others within my user folder,ie......codemasters/opflashpoint/user/MSG Bushmaster/Faces. I found out later that because I had placed it in a folder named faces, it would not work. Once I placed it straight into my user folder,it worked fine..I also found that I could only have 1 face working at a time...If you have more than 1,try getting rid of the others,,make sure that the jpeg file is the right dimensions,ie. 256x256,,,and if that does not work,all I can think of is that you may have to write a config for it,pbo it and add it to your addons instead. Hope this helps some.

chapelow

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2004, 16:28:54 »
It could be the 256x256 problem, don't know how I would solve that out. Do any of you?