Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger ONLY activatable after waypoint passed?  (Read 561 times)

Uber-Pea

Trigger ONLY activatable after waypoint passed?
« on: 02 Jun 2004, 18:18:43 »
Hi, I have following prob. I'm working on a multiplayer concept, its nearly finished. Only one of the end-functions doesnt work:

After stealing the documents at waypoint 1, go to WP 2 to end the mission. At WP 2 there is a trigger that says the usual *west unit moves in and end 3 goes for it* thingy.
Now my problem is, west forces can end the mission at ANY time, they just need to walk to the trigger. I want the trigger only to work after WP 1 or WP have been or both are passed.

I think this should work by some  easy scripting like "WP1=true && WP2=true" in the conditions field, but i dunno the syntax to ask if a waypoint was activated. Need fast help please!

Oh, and I tried synchronising, didnt change anything.

Tha Uber-Pea

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Trigger ONLY activatable after waypoint passed?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2004, 18:48:21 »
One of the golden rules of OFP editing:

NEVER use WPs to make something happen. EVER. They are unreliable and veteran players cant see them.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2004, 18:48:47 »
How you determine that the documents are stolen in the first waypoint?

If you have there some variable like docsStolen=true when they get stolen then you will add to that trigger on the last WP docsStolen && restOfYourConditions...

But then again, I don't know anything about MP editing, so... :P

EDIT:
Yes, listen to Armsty...
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2004, 18:49:29 by HateR_Kint »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2004, 19:51:51 »
Picking up MR.Kint left off, you would need to create a trigger with a condition in it, in this case docsStolen.
You would then, in the activation field of another trigger, the one that triggers objective complete, put docsStolen=true.

It is something along those lines but there must be a condition in one trigger and in another trigger the condition must be set to true.

Do NOT use waypoints they are totally unreliable(as armstrong said ;))

Hauk

Uber-Pea

« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2004, 11:49:10 »
Ok, I've made it to solve the problem myself. First problem was that the waypoint was activated when ure still 50 m away (how to grab sth from a table if you're 50 metres away?). I've made a trigger (radius 2 or 3) that is around the table. activated by west. activation: documents=true.
Then in the condition field of the wp: documents=true. activation field of the waypoint: wp1=true.
activation field of wp2 (evac zone): wp2=true.

Around the evac zone ive made a trigger, activated by west/present.
Condition: wp1 && wp2

Now I've got 2 serious other probs.
First:
U don't see waypoint, theyre set to show always, etc... BUT at the west stsarting zone there is a motorcicle. After you get in you can see the waypoint. I don't get this one, as the cicle is not implemented in any script. Its just an empty thingy standing around, ready for use if needed.
HOW TO SOLVE THIS ONE????

Second:
I've armed a sniper with some smoke grenades like this: first i wrote some this removemagazine "SniperMag";this removemagazine "SniperMag";this removemagazine "SniperMag"; then : this addmagazine "SmokeSheelgreen";this addmagazine "SmokeSheelgreen";this addmagazine "SmokeSheelgreen";

A simple script actually and it works in the preview inside the editor. When I've converted it to MP missions and the mission starts, the sniper cant select its smokenades. BUT if you drop one grenade through the equipment menu and pick it up again, you can easily use the grenades then.
I guess this is a known problem isnt it`?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jun 2004, 12:04:43 »
U don't see waypoint, theyre set to show always, etc... BUT at the west stsarting zone there is a motorcicle. After you get in you can see the waypoint. I don't get this one, as the cicle is not implemented in any script. Its just an empty thingy standing around, ready for use if needed.
HOW TO SOLVE THIS ONE????
If you set the waypoint to 'show always' that means the waypoint will be shown on the map... It has nothing to do with the waypoints being seen on the screen.

The editor is by default in veteran mode so the waypoints can't be seen, however, vehicles have the waypoints always 'on' (afaik).

So I believe there's no way to 'solve' this particular problem...
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jun 2004, 14:08:52 »
Sounds like you've donet he right thing in changing the waypoint to a trigger.     :thumbsup:

First problem:   go to the OFP main menu, select single missions and change to Cadet mode.   Now go back and into the mission editor - the waypoint yellow boxes should now be visible.

Second problem - dunno.   Can you cut and paste the exact code from the init line of the loon in question?   Does it work for an ordinary unit, not a sniper?  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

TERA_Forrest

« Reply #7 on: 05 Jun 2004, 09:04:14 »
for your wp u need to name it, so that somthing will show at the waypoint.  You can do this by puting whatever u want in the "description" field of the wp, double click on the wp to edit, its the third box down from the top.  This won't show in the editor I think, but i'm pretty sure it'll show up in your mp mission.  Only for the leader though ;)

tibby595

« Reply #8 on: 05 Jun 2004, 10:23:33 »

So I believe there's no way to 'solve' this particular problem...

i had this problem, so i played a mission, forgot i had a problem, went back to mission editing and the problem was gone

somehow, by playing an sp mission on cadet mode the editor realises you're on cadet and turns on your waypoints
:D
now i need to find out how to script...