Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP island creation  (Read 1484 times)

lelliott

OFP island creation
« on: 06 May 2004, 15:38:34 »
Hi all, I am new to this and I am trying to import my own island into OFP.  I started with a 3d studios file with bitmap textures and converted the bitmap textures to .paa extention textures.  I then opened the 3d studios file in oxygen and saved it as a p3d file, is all this correct?  Should I be able to see the model in oxygen when I open it with all the textures attached to the model?

What do I do now?

Some one save me.

j-man

Re:OFP island creation
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2004, 19:20:04 »
I don't think it's possible to create an island in oxygen. You need to use DEM tp create the land mass

It is possible to import 3ds files to be used ingame. Do a search of the board for "3DS" and see what you can find.

lelliott

« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2004, 20:14:25 »
Thank you for the info.

I have been trying to use WrpEditor to create me island using my p3d model and .paa textures but I haven't had much luck.  I am going to search and see what I find.

If you have anymore info please pass it on, thanks again.

j-man

« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2004, 20:35:10 »
Well, islands textures can be created using .paa files. To create your land mass. Use either a DEM, or get a program called terragen (freeware). It'll let you randomly create some nice islands to work with. But remember, you can only have island in OFP. It you create and map and put land every where, then ingame, there will be a verticle drop all around you map that will cause you to fall into the sea.

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2004, 20:57:52 »
You can create islands from scratch in WrpTool or Visitor.

I have been trying to use WrpEditor to create me island using my p3d model and .paa textures but I haven't had much luck.  I am going to search and see what I find.
You cannot create an island with a .P3D model. Islands are WRP files, not 3D models.

lelliott

« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2004, 21:19:35 »
Ok, how do I get my 3D models into any island?

m21man

« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2004, 23:03:57 »
Ok, how do I get my 3D models into any island?
Objects models can be placed in an island editor after they are binarized.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2004, 17:26:45 »
You can save them as a Binary 3d model that will import in to WRPEdit..
Not got anymore details as yet
But find my tutorial on Half-Life to O2 (3d model editing thread)
And get lithunwrap

It can open .3ds files, and save as the binary files :)

Good luck :)
- Ben