Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: lift?  (Read 1167 times)

aries_pup

lift?
« on: 02 Jun 2005, 05:21:37 »
Hi, i modelled a building with a lift... and i'm trying to make it work like a lift...

is there any other "type" of animation other den "rotation"... went thru several scripts to onli find [type="rotation"] but i need a translation rather den rotation...

can anyone help me out on this??

thanks a million~!
aries_pup

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:lift?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:33:12 »
as far as i know 'rotation' is the only kind of type you can pass over to the animation class.
make the rotation axis very very - and i mean _very_ - far away from the model and the rotation angle very little, so that you get an almost linear animation. there's no other way i'm afraid
perhaps there were more rotation types planned or we get to know more when armed assault comes out, who knows...
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

aries_pup

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2005, 02:06:50 »
i see... and because of that if i plant that building in visitor, the icon will be super long... hahhaa~! false impression... thanks for the advice~ i'll see wat i can do~ thanks~!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2005, 22:51:56 »
Not used Visitor much, but I dont think the icon size will be affected by memory lod.. or am I wrong?
Probobaly am :P
- Ben

aries_pup

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2005, 08:06:27 »
the icon size is relative the the over size off the building in oxygen~ if 1 point is like 50meters away, den the size of the icon will be 50m + the building size...