Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ile de Vaux Beta island  (Read 1608 times)

fredep0

Ile de Vaux Beta island
« on: 03 Feb 2004, 22:18:28 »
hello all, please take a look at the beta of my island, it is a generic ww2 stylishy european map, with lots of forests, a couple of rivers and some "larger" towns.
You can download it at my site -->here
Just remember: its a beta, so comments are welcome

Some pics:

fredep0

Re:Ile de Vaux Beta island
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2004, 22:18:52 »
some more...
and if ya wanna see more, just download the frickin thing

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2004, 00:29:44 »
Okay,

downloaded it.

deaddog

« Reply #3 on: 04 Feb 2004, 00:55:52 »
I got a "Cannot open object boutique\pont.p3d" error. You also used the mapfact barrack, which I already had.  You need to give us a list of the required addons.

Now,  This is a very nice looking island (the completed parts :) ).  I love all the forested hills.  Some very nice beaches that are screaming for landing craft.

I noticed you placed some wooded areas with individual trees.  They look so much more realistic than the block forests.  I think you should add more areas like that.

Were you trying to go for the hedgerow look in the eastern part of the map (around ge39)?  That looks good.  Maybe some more of that, as well.

This is going to be cool when it's done.  Make sure you let us know when that is  8) I'll reserve a spot for it.

*EDIT*

another thing.  Don't use that awful texture from Everon.  The one in the forests that is green with the black and yellow spots.  It's a low res texture that just doesn't look good (my opinion of course).
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2004, 02:22:37 by deaddog »

fredep0

« Reply #4 on: 04 Feb 2004, 14:19:06 »
About that error, the island also requires Normandy (beta 2) By Jean-Christophe..
I put that in the readme, but apparently i didn't put the readme in the zipfile :-\ (feels rater stupid now)
fixed that, thanx for pointing it out
What i was wondering about those individual tree forest, don't they lag horribly??, anyhow glad you liked them, some were stil made with wrpedit and were a real pain to make
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2004, 14:51:49 by fredep0 »

Offline Tillverkad

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2004, 21:18:02 »
Ok, but how about URLs for the addons?  :P

fredep0