Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Work in Progress  (Read 929 times)

Work in Progress
« on: 19 Oct 2003, 19:52:34 »
I just wanted to let you guys know, that i am working on a successor to my txt2ase tool. it will feature support for island sizes bigger (and smaller) than 256*256, a preview window, the ability to open heightfield-files of virtually any dimension and simple manipulation abilities.

So far it is capable of dealing with wilbur Lon-Lat-Files (i hope to add support for microdem xyz-triples in the near future).

output formats will be ascii-text mesh for support of visitor and wilbur txt (which actually works already) to support the great wrptool utility

currently there is no release date planned but i hope to have the first public beta ready in a couple of weeks.

Re:Work in Progress
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2003, 20:20:06 »
small update:

i just got the support for Microdem xyz triplets to work thus you can import real islands in their real size without using wilbur.

going to add ascii save feature and do some serious testing....

Offline Snake Man

• CWR
  • PMC since 1984
    • PMC Tactical
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2003, 02:03:27 »
Excellent work 667, I'm happy to see you're supporting WrpTool. Good job!
PMC Tactical. ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Falcon 4 and OFP.
http://www.pmctactical.org and http://pmc.editing.wiki
Snake Man, PMC.

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2003, 23:06:13 »
the program is now released as public beta.

anyone who's interested can find it in the editors depot under pending submissions

@SnakeMan: of course it supports WrpTool as it is a great program. it is easy to use and yet very powerful.
you and your team have made a major contribution to ofp editing.

« Reply #4 on: 04 Dec 2003, 12:04:06 »
I just wanted to announce a major update to HFMan: for Islands up to 512x512 there is now a 3d-View available. You can choose between height dependent colouring and wireframe view. Also in wireframe view you can now make a custom selection of cells and edit them.

I'm doing some testing at the moment and still have to update the manual, so the whole thing will be available sometime next week.