Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI and their behavior in cities...  (Read 1006 times)

Sektor

AI and their behavior in cities...
« on: 28 Nov 2003, 23:06:41 »
I'm making an island and the objects in the city are quite close (it is a mediteranian cind of town) and the AI is not going in between the buildings. Is it possible to make somekind of AI path so they can move and follow inside?
 ;) :P :-* :-X ::):)the usual suspects

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
Re:AI and their behavior in cities...
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2003, 01:54:47 »
I believe this has been brought up before on the topic of forests. It seems that the OFP engine demands a rather wide buffer to avoid clipping. My hunch is that BIS set it extra wide to prevent the likelyhood folks running through buildings and the like.

I don't know of any pathing available, but if the clipping issue is not seriously resolved in OFP2, they at least need to add this function.

Leone

Re:AI and their behavior in cities...
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2003, 08:28:30 »
It is possible, and I have some objects that do this. BUT! There is a weird glitch that occurs with them => When an AI is killed whilst on the paths it can cause a CTD. So they are only useful for a few things (cut scenes etc).

One of the reasons why AI won't run certain places I believe is when the Geometry LODs of objects are overlapping. Look at the square in Lipany on Nogova. You can AI to run through arches only if that building is not overlapping another one (look on the map to determine which buildings have overlapping Geometry LOD's).