Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HotHotHot ! TextureNameTooLong can be a trap !  (Read 1031 times)

sanam

HotHotHot ! TextureNameTooLong can be a trap !
« on: 15 Nov 2003, 18:42:52 »
Ah, you know...

There are theses numerous posts saying "Ough, Warning, Texturename is too long". And you don't even replies, 'cause it's been told ONE THOUSAND TIMES that this hint aint nothing to do with grown-up boyz like us. I, also, was more or less smiling with one theet while scratching my testicles with the other...

Yep.

Till...

Till what, are you gonna say ?

Till IT HAPPENS TO ME,

Why me, WTF !?!

I don't mean the warning, it happens to all of us one thousand time a week, no I mean A REAL MESS.

What mess ?

What can be more messy than this actual message, are you gonna ask, don't you ?

Well, if you don't ask, it mean you just don't mind, and I understand it perfectly.

Altough I may take it a bit personnaly I must say.

Doesn't mind, let's go back to our today's special:

Well, I sweare, in front of my beloved Mouse, with my eyes fierlessly pointed at the Joystick that bear it's name so courageously, I,  SWEAR, that a texture, not showing in Bulldozer, showed up after being shortened it's name.

NO ? ? ?

yes !

NOOOO ? ? ? ?

Yep Yep Yepp !!

I told you, I swear !

This F@#{$ù&ing texture would appear in O2, allowing you to place it carefully as you like, and...

Nothing more. No Buldozer appearance

OK, you know the story now, not much surprise left.

And, yes, brothers & sisters, it was a visor with lots of hard-work transparency-levels,
OOH YEAH
And yes, you Sis & Bros, I've been trough THE VISOR TUTORIAL
OOOH Yeah
The BeaconBomb One, available on this quality site,
OOOOH Yeah Again but now I'm tired to fool around thank you.

Even with you guys.

So I, more or less known as "Peacepunk", want to issue a clear statement right here, right now:

The combination of these factors:

-TextureNameTooLong Warning

&&

-Texture OK in Oxygen

&&

-Texture not showing in Buldozer

Means:

- CTD if you compile to have a go anyway

- BUT, THE REAL NEW IS : OK YOUR ACTUAL TEXTURENAME IS TOO LONG.

that's all.

ANd, yep, I cure it from reducing the name of it...

Unbelievable, hu ?

It can be quite specific a trouble, maybe only applies to .paa stuff when loaded with Alpha channels, take it as you like it, but it's quite perturbating to work out a 10 layer .psd file, re-formatted to 512x512 32 bit TGA With Alpha, then you check and translate with TexView where it shows up right, including da Alpha Stuff, so the disappointment is... impressive. Especially as I though my texture was "Too Complicated" for the Buldozer, so I just killed Layers after layers -Yeah Loosing them definitely- 'till I decide to have a go anyway on this warning message, just to try, shorten the name and...

Okay Now I load Duke3D, I organise myself a little BloodBath of Aliens & I'll be back when I'm on my medication again.

"See" you.

Peacepunk. [/color]
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2004, 09:02:00 by PeacePunk »

DJ_WarDog

Re:HotHotHot ! TextureNameTooLong can be a trap !
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2003, 13:51:01 »
i wud just like to say..........DUDE UR CRAZY! and ty for your help  :).

ps: im not being mean :P

Lt.Shitkilla

Re:HotHotHot ! TextureNameTooLong can be a trap !
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2003, 14:49:41 »
i think the simple answer is, rename your texture and folder name so they don't exceed the character limit, (not sure wat it is). but doing this always, ALWAYS! works for me...

P.S. if u typed this, b4, then disregard my message, i couldn't be screwed reading past the first few lines of ur post.

The Lazy - Lt. Shitkilla