Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make a Back pack that you can take of  (Read 847 times)

STGN

How to make a Back pack that you can take of
« on: 17 Jul 2003, 21:22:35 »
I am making some danish special navy units (froemandskorpset) they have a waterprof backpack they have all there eqvipment in but it is very large so making a man that is vearing it would be unfitful to fight making him a very big target. I have seen that matjis made a combat swimmer that have diving eqvipment that you could take on and of so now I would like to know how to do it.
STGN

Cpt. FrostBite

Re:How to make a Back pack that you can take of
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2003, 21:31:05 »
You have to make it a weapon that goes in the secondary weapon slot. (don't ask my how this is done, though)

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2003, 03:43:58 »
make it like a law launcher or a satcom radio from the bas units.  just go into the config for the bas delta rangers and see how they did the radio.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2003, 16:08:16 »
The thing is, it's sort of tricky this :)
Like I told a mate of mine:

Creating a backpack that can store stuff (like an ammocrate or a vehicle): Piss easy

Creating a backpack that you can carry with you on your back in the secondary weapons slot (like the BAS SATCOM): Piss easy

Combining the two: CHallenge!

I'm not sure OFP accepts you trying to give ammocrateness to a secondary weapon, but I don't have the time checking it out now (working on some other stuff + real life commitments) so you'll have to have a go at it first.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

electroNIX

« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2003, 00:14:36 »
Hi!

Head over to Chain of Command, there you will find "ANDY's Backpack" .. maybe this will be sufficent or at least bring you on the right track!

peace