Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tempus Isle Beta Available  (Read 875 times)

Offline jeffs

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Tempus Isle Beta Available
« on: 14 Nov 2003, 12:30:14 »
I'm finishing up my island and would love a few people to beta it and offer suggestions.  Some development screens are available as well as the beta download.

http://www.vasf.us/tempus.html

thanks.

deaddog

Re:Tempus Isle Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2003, 15:34:01 »
This is a seriously nice map.  :thumbsup:

I flew around it in a chopper and had lag at only one point.  The trees south of Fairview, west of the island.  Those strange looking trees seem to cause some lag (I have a 3Ghz P4, 1G ram).  No real lag anywhere else.

The island has a really nice balance between military and civilian areas.  A good mix of forests (lots of them), open grassy areas and desert.  And some flat out AWESOME cliffs in the northeast.  Try flying off the top of one of those cliffs and then ejecting.  Nice view on the way down. :)

There are some cool divided highways, too.  Gives it a more modern look.  And it has a really large airport which I can see would make a great target for a large Ranger assault.

A couple of suggestions.  The desert/beach to grass transitions happen way too fast.  Maybe blend the textures a bit and try to spread that over more cells.  And in the case of the western desert, the transition happens in a perfect north-south line.  Try breaking that up a little.

I did get one error on loading the map:  cannot find \ags_port\signal_green.p3d

I have the harbour and industrial packs and the island loaded ok so it didn't seem to affect anything.

Good job on this.

**Edit

I found some missing textures near GF45.  See pic.

Also, at the Spectre Airfield, there is no way to get a plane on the tarmac from the taxiways.  You have to drive over dirt.  And one of the AGS warehouse buildings looks like it is half buried. I also think it would be nice to see some premade, sandbagged, revetments near the ends of the runways so AAA/SAMs can be placed.  
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2003, 16:41:23 by deaddog »

Offline jeffs

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2003, 01:44:04 »
Thanks a ton for taking the time to look at it.  I'll correct the issues after I've gotten some more feedback.

Jakerod

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2003, 19:46:34 »
I think that the cliff near Jardin is a bit unrealistc. Fun as hell to go off of in a car tho but unrealistic. that area is fun to drive in. there is a road there that goes partly up the cliff and another that kinda drops down 10 meters in a distance for 2 meters that u might want to look at but other than that its great.

deaddog

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2003, 04:59:32 »
A couple (or more :) ) of things:

Incorrect or no surface textures at bf74, ad74 and gc18

A couple of missing road textures at bd35 and fc22

I think you should scatter a few trees/bushes along the road side between the bridge at IC20 and Jardin Point.  It's kind of bare.

The main east-west divided highway just stops at each end. There should be some sort of terminus there.  Maybe a small town.  At least don't have the road just end.

The stairstep looking river just doesn't look right.  I'm not sure how to fix that but it doesn't look too real.