Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: motrobike for the US  (Read 1748 times)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

motrobike for the US
« on: 07 Sep 2002, 01:46:34 »
Is there someone who is working on a motorbike addon for the west side?
It would be cool to have a new model or a textured one in camo colors and add it to west side
So please make one cause lot of people is willing it

imemyself

Re:motrobike for the US
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2002, 03:50:21 »
Does any country currently use motorcycles?  I could maybe see for the resistance,but...

Wires

« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2002, 10:02:20 »
On the back of LRPVs are a 250cc scout bike in use by the SASR and others I assume. So yes motorcycles are deffinatly in use in the military.

ZIKAN

« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2002, 16:27:24 »
Sure they are used. They are used for a  multiple of reasons in the military. Aswell as being used  as support for long range recon patrols, they are used by Dispatch Riders to carry important documents from place to place. Also an offroad bike can go places even a 4x4 would have trouble getting too, and they are often faster also.
I would like to see other motorbikes made purley for East and West sides to use.

N1Te

« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2002, 03:12:32 »
In Germany every Infantry Company has 3 Motocycles.

leonel

« Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2002, 04:43:09 »
What I'd like to see are civilian bikes for OFP. I'd like to make an "island" which reflects international motorbike routes like Route 66 (Or even have a mini-USA Island or whatever country) and cruise the island with a Dyna Wide Glide Harley Davidson! RAR!!! I'd love to at least have the pleasure of riding a Harley, weather it be virtual or real. (But I prefer the real experience. ;) ) Sure there are custom made bikes for OFP, but they're sports bikes. :(

gekiganger

« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2002, 15:13:26 »
as someone already said Australia uses motorbikes, heres a couple of pics

ADF Perentie LRPV with a suzuki 250cc mounted on the back

SASR in Afghanistan, suzuki 250 off the back of a perentie

Mr_Shady

« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2002, 21:08:21 »
The SAS land rover columns in the Gulf had outriders and scouts on similar machines, no pics tho. The british army uses an off-road harley for dispatch riders and that kind of thing. I think i posted a pic in the modern british addons (in progress) thread, i'd post it here but im short on time