Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Changing Uniforms, etc.  (Read 1731 times)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Re:Changing Uniforms, etc.
« Reply #15 on: 01 Oct 2003, 11:07:40 »
This is a question and no offense is intended ;D

Why is this thread in the ADVANCED Section of the Editors Depot if Isnablon.. or whatever his name is ;D cannot make a simple Script for chat ..

Hey im no genius at OFP Editing ;D
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

mikeb

« Reply #16 on: 01 Oct 2003, 11:47:33 »
well, you're the first person to question it in 15 posts!

I don't think this is advanced stuff either (although i couldn't have answered the eventhandler stuff) but to Insanoblan anything beyond using the options on the editor screen could be advanced.

the purpose of dividing up "general" and "advanced" is mainly to split the number of questions and so people who know they don't know much don't need to bother go into the advanced section to try and help people out.  similarly, you're more likely to get an answer if people have an idea of your editing expertise.

Otherwise I don't think it's really an iron-clad rule if noone complains.  i think it should have been moved if it was addon-related or something but otherwise the line between "advanced" and "general" is not easily defined.

oh and i real your pain.  i'm no master either!  :-\

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 01 Oct 2003, 23:41:49 »
I am !  :)

I wonder if any of the Staff will enlightne us all on the "Advanced" and "General" question of the forums ;D

Thx Mike for the reply ;D

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #18 on: 01 Oct 2003, 23:56:57 »
Why is this thread in the ADVANCED Section of the Editors Depot if Isnablon.. or whatever his name is ;D cannot make a simple Script for chat.

The thread isn't about that question ;)  It's just one that came up in the mean time.

And as far as the General vs. Advanced question goes.

It's just what Mike said pretty much ....  If you look at the people doing the bulk of the posting in this board it's definately not the same as in General Editing.

Some of the more advanced editors/scripters in the community only visit a few boards on the forums, this being one of them. I know a few people who hardly ever go in the General Editing board.

The questions are usually alot easier and get answered alot quicker in General, as you can see by comparing the amount of traffic on each board.  

But personally, I'm not going to tell someone their question isn't hard enough for the Advanced board.  ;)  

:cheers:
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2003, 23:57:25 by Kaliyuga »

Offline Insanoblan

• Members
  • Look! Im a chicken Marge!
« Reply #19 on: 02 Oct 2003, 01:17:57 »
ALright thanks alot everyone! My problem is figured out, and you are all great :)
Hey kid, wanna see a dead body!?