Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unwanted markers in game  (Read 1139 times)

Blitzer

Unwanted markers in game
« on: 04 Oct 2003, 12:11:20 »
Hey there,
                When I exported my mission to single player and played it all the  briefing and script markers were visible on the mission map. So when you go to click for the airstrikes you have all these markers over the place. Is it something to do with the scripts and briefing markers conflicting. In my mission I have the morphine script made by N10 the airstrikes_napalm made by Shogun, Skumball, LCD and Viriato and I have an artillary script that I can't find anywhere to know who made it.
If anyone knows what the problem is and how to fix it, can you let me know please. Thanks

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Unwanted markers in game
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2003, 14:39:47 »
I suspect you need an init.sqs filled with

markername setMarkerType "empty"
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Blitzer

« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2003, 19:18:17 »
Thanks Macguba,
                           There was an Init.sqs in the mission folder already, so not really knowing much about scripting, I put another Init.sqs in the mission folder but called it Init1.sqs. Then I put a civilian in the mission and in his Init field I typed, [] exec "Init1".sqs bugger, no good so I tried, exec "Init1.sqs", no luck there either. I think I did the script right, I copied the line from the forum, markername setMarkerType "empty" then put it in notepad file with the file extension all files saved as Init1.sqs in the mission folder. I'll give it another go, then try something with the existing Init file like put it in there. Thanks again.

Blitzer

« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2003, 19:36:28 »
Giday,
          I put the markername setMarkerType "empty"  line in the original Init.sqs file, I still got the markers up on the map though. Anything else I could try. I used the Briefing Generator by AJ Software but never had any problems before if that is anything to think of.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2003, 20:14:14 »
Markername needs to be in quotes.

"markername" setMarkerType "empty"
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2003, 01:04:33 »
or u can just choose da empty type wen u create da marker :P ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2003, 01:19:38 »
Sorry, I forgot to include my usual disclaimer about syntax.

Read snYpir's tutorial "How to use objectives and init.sqs".   It will help you understand what's going on and what you need to do.  Bin the whole init1 thing, it's only going to make life harder.    Do everything you need to do in init.sqs which gets called automatically when the mission starts.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Blitzer

« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2003, 02:14:22 »
Great thanks fellas,
                              Macguba, LCD, KTotte, now I look at what you gave me I did it completly wrong, feel a little silly. (snYpir's tutorial "How to use objectives and init.sqs") I'll give it a readen till my eyes pop out. Sounds pretty scrary though, bins, quoates and empty markers. But thanks again all, we'll have it licked in no time. Reading goggles on.