Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Switching "playable" between two AI's?  (Read 621 times)

PJK

Switching "playable" between two AI's?
« on: 28 Sep 2003, 13:33:11 »
Hello,

I didn't found any proper information on this so I dare to ask here. Main idea is to have civilian as Player who will change his clothes and become resistance soldier. I know I can do this with deleting civilian and creating resistance soldier (during black out etc), but how to make resistance soldier to be as Player?

Thank you for all answers,  

PJK

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Switching "playable" between two AI's?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2003, 13:53:33 »
You can't.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2003, 14:14:26 »
it's a shame isn't it!!

i had a mission where i ended up changing clothes but the only way to do this was to make it 2 missions and i made sure the first didn't have a debriefing or anything and the second didn't have a briefing, etc.  then in the description file i put

onloadmission="Changing clothes"

this is about the closest you can get, and you can always transfer variables (people already dead, etc)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2003, 14:16:45 »
If it is in the end/begining of the mission you can fake it in a cutscene.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

PJK

« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2003, 14:26:16 »
Thank you mikeb and The Real Armstrong! This is what I have fraid of and now you just pulled the trigger at last :)

Well, luckily I have planned this "clothes-changing-operation" at the very beginning of mission, so I can put it in cutscene instead of playable mission... But it surely is a shame.

But I can figure some good ideas from your mission too, mikeb - two or more missions with changing characters etc...

PJK