Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: drop command  (Read 719 times)

Commando

drop command
« on: 30 Sep 2003, 01:24:16 »
what is the drop command or how do i do?
and what are the stuff i can do with it?
Heard it can make fires, i always wanted to make fires but i had to use cat fires :P

Kaliyuga

Re:drop command
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2003, 01:40:06 »
http://home.arcor.de/vektorboson/en/tuts.html

like 4th on the list.. though  it's all good stuff to have

have fun ;)
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2003, 21:07:45 by Kaliyuga »

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2003, 02:53:34 »
No to offense to the work that Vektorboson put into his tutorial, but it can seem rather fuzzy. To put it simply, the drop command creates temporary objects, usually particles, that have velocities, colors, etc. For instance, a fire is just a series of "dropped" fire particles that move in a predetermined vector. You can use this command to make fires, dust clouds, napalm :o, waterfalls, fountains, rotorwash...basically you can make an enormous variety of visual effects with the drop command. If you want to see a nice usage of the drop command, I'd suggest you de-PBO the Resistance campaign and take a look at the scripts in the "x13BadEnd.Noe" mission.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2003, 02:54:00 by m21man »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2003, 20:31:48 »
The dialouge tute by Vektorbosn might be hard, but the drop tute is easier than you think!

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2003, 23:03:14 »
interesting stuff in the editor depot/pending about this...

This is a mission in the editor format that allows you to play with the drop command in-game.

This is something I came up with when I was messing about with dialogs. It has no real use as far as missions are concerned but at a stretch it might be useful setting up colours of dust/smoke etc or if you'd just like to play around with the drop command and see a human head shoot off into the air . Most of the variables are adjustable including ShapeName, Type and Velocity. The colour array has four arrays that are independently adjustable using sliders and a listbox.

http://www.ofpec.com/includes/download2.php?id=674
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2003, 23:04:03 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.