Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Visitor problem ( buldozer crash )  (Read 1281 times)

Lordremcok

Visitor problem ( buldozer crash )
« on: 08 Jul 2003, 18:12:15 »
Hi, Im having dificulties with the BULDOZER program .. i downloadded visitor from NET. Then i learned BIS tutorial how to make islands and ... heres whats going on ..
Im connecting to buldozer ..i see the "ocean" in the window ..but when i try to change something it crashes or does not do anything at all. especially when i hit SURFACE FILL button.
I dont see any changes in buldozer. I run the tutorial 10 times checked if im doing something wrong and it still crashes

my computer specification ( if it helps ) -  2gb ram , radeon9800 pro, intel p5 3000 HT, win2000 with sp3

Lordremcok

Re:Visitor problem ( buldozer crash )
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2003, 18:20:27 »
oh and 2 more things

1. when i try to export my map it is not exported to WRP file . My file is called for example remcok.hpp ???? why it suposed to be wrp file ( so is writen in the tut file )

2. When i edit my textures and i want to browse some from hdd i dont see "paa" files, only "pac"

« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2003, 18:49:27 »
first make sure buldozer resides in a root directory, e.g. d:\, not subdirectory
if not so you can trick it to think so by writing the following to a .bat file and executing it before starting buldozer: subst <unused drive letter :, eg z:> "<directoy where you have copied buldozer>" (example: subst z: "c:\o2_viewer")

for the texturing issue donÂ't rely to the tutorial (btw from kegetys not bis) but look here http://koti.mbnet.fi/~hekezu/visitor_tut.htm

Lordremcok

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2003, 17:02:03 »
nope it didnt help it still crashes and does not do anything ( by the way i have an updated version of OFP viewer )

Koveras

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2003, 12:31:43 »
oh and 2 more things

1. when i try to export my map it is not exported to WRP file . My file is called for example remcok.hpp ???? why it suposed to be wrp file ( so is writen in the tut file )

the same thing happens to me... why hpp?

Koveras

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2003, 14:10:29 »
found the problem  8)

visitor saves the island in *.HPP whenyou try to export the island with buldozer closed. io must press alt-tab and export the file with buldozer open

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2003, 13:38:36 »
it makes a world.wrp and world.hpp