Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Different size soldiers..(CHILDREN)???  (Read 985 times)

MadAussie

Different size soldiers..(CHILDREN)???
« on: 01 Jul 2003, 14:06:25 »
Gday guys..
Thought id ask if there was some limitation in the OFP engine that prevented different size soldier models??
Reasons .. make civilian pack with children would be good..Id use em in our campaign..  http://hooahpros.tacticalblunder.com/.plug plug ;)  ...also for variety in a group ..good for campaigns  etc
Has anyone tried and failed or is it moral reasons we dont have kids in 'our' action game..
MadAussie out...

teaCup

Re:Different size soldiers..(CHILDREN)???
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2003, 16:04:35 »
It is possible. There's no doubt about it. But i know of no one making civilian packs or similar things.

MadAussie

« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2003, 16:55:08 »
If its possible..it opens new atmosphere to OFP.. not only normal people but children running from sounds of conflict.. Especially for recent conflicts..  Middle east ( iraq, israel/palestine)..afghanistan.. bosnia..chechnya..indonesia and somalia/zimbabwe..list goes on
Point being alot of recent conflicts arent drawn battlelines but rather guerrilla warefare..fought from behind civilians
MadAussie out..

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2003, 17:47:26 »
Nice idea MadAussie ;)
That would realy give the game more atmosphere childeren some fat woman or man ;)

Cervomix

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jul 2003, 16:23:41 »
you'll have to make new anims for that, unless it'll look weird and unit will 'levitate'

_hammy_

« Reply #5 on: 05 Jul 2003, 20:45:20 »
yes, i have tryed to make "mini" soldiers, but when i put them into ofp, they are all messed up, and nothing works, so i guess youd have to make new animations like cervo said

Sarge6754

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2003, 04:52:48 »
I think that slightly fatter, taller, and shorter soldiers and civies would be great variety and enhance the realism of OFP. Wonderful idea, I would help with the animations if I knew how.

Wonderboy

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2003, 11:00:21 »
Its possible, the mod i'm part of has just released a pack and in that there are soldiers in 'mech suits', about one and a half times the size of a normal soldier unit, as someone mentioned before you just have to get the animations and LODs sorted, which in its own right isn't that hard, you just scale up or down and then make minor adjustments.

To have a look-see at the pack go here: http://scifi.the-spectrum.org/cgi-bin/pbb_forum.pl?topic=1757