Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Simulated midair explosion  (Read 675 times)

Lordremcok

Simulated midair explosion
« on: 10 Jul 2003, 06:46:31 »
is there some way to simulate explosions in air. What i mean to say is when you get hit by a missile u should be ripped apart. Is there any way ...for example if your dammage level gets to 0.5 then ( for example ) it should load a new model that looks dammaged...then when dammage level reaches 0.1 it should load "parts of chopper " ... i dont know... perhaps using setpos placing THOSE PARTS in order so they will look like whole chopper generate explosion inside those parts that they will act like particles and those will spread in many directions burning and falling ???
could some addon maker that know how to edit config.cpp file make such an addon or at least tell me if there is any posibility to "switch models" or something in config cpp file

swift88

Re:Simulated midair explosion
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2003, 10:55:55 »
from my eyes .................noo chance  :( The only time you can change the model is when the vehicle is out of action
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2003, 10:56:34 by swift88 »

Vyper

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2003, 22:23:13 »
Thats given me an idea....i'll post it in the addon ideas forum...but wrecked plane models...we haven't seen any yet, with crumpled noses and impact wounds with missing wings and stuff....hmmm

Vyper

Vyper

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2003, 22:24:54 »
Ok this is addon ideas..buggery

Vyper

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2003, 03:15:39 »
It is possible. Various parts of the aircraft could be modelled separately and after the explosion use the drop command to send them flying. The diplomatic lincoln will have some interesting 'explosion' effects.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.