Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom addon prob: Mission says addon missing, yet it's there.  (Read 926 times)

Baphomet

Are there any common criteria as to why an addon even though in your addons folder would show up as being not there when you run a mission that's supposed to use it?

I will note that I manually added the name of the pbo files to the addons section of a particular mission.sqm and when I fired it up in the editor it says "addons missing"

Offline Trenchfeet

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
    • Trenchfeet OFP Addons
What addon is it? or is it lots of addons

Baphomet

Well... actually it's my own addon, er addons  :D

However it's sort of modular in design... that is to say I did everything in individual PBO files. One for the weapon one for the unit... and the unit uses other customs as well... I will note that I probably didn't do the cfgpatches delcaration properly so that might be the issue. Secondly. Since they use all the existing BIS models I pretty much made them inherit the traits of their parent class but with small modifications to the variables as I saw fit. So again that might be a problem.

I'm honestly not sure but it's kind of annoying. I've not come up to this problem before with my addons.

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Aah... my old arch enemy - the missing requiredAddons specification in the config.cpp  ;D

Bap, have a look at this:
Suma's post on requiredAddons

Basically: you have to specify, in each addon, what other addons they depend on. Actually, I think you have to specify the whole dependency chain of addons. Example:

if A requires B and B requires C, then, in A:s config.cpp, one must have

requiredAddons[] = {B, C};

Greets!
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2003, 19:40:54 by Killswitch »