Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Texture problem  (Read 818 times)

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
Texture problem
« on: 26 Jun 2003, 20:50:26 »
How, does anyone know how to do this better. I've a very big texture problem in Visitor. I thought my island looked pretty nice, but those textures doesn't look very good i think.
plz help me

xero

Re:Texture problem
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2003, 23:42:10 »
What's the problem?  :-[

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2003, 03:33:46 »
I too fail to see anything wrong with those... u did read that they look different ingame? Not much, but they do. And what comes to that 90degree angling thingy, it's just what Visitor does by default. It splits a secondary texture cell into 4 and fades 1 corner of each texture type to the other... so there u got 3/1 sand/grass. Or something like that  ;D There is an option in textures where u can change the surfaces angle interval but I doubt it works the way u think.

I'll just intrude this thread with one q I have. How do you not make Visitor do secondary textures? If possible. It's just that concrete and grass don't fade well. And that would save me some precious kbytes.
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2003, 15:23:38 »
As they already said...there is nothing wrong there...it will look a bit different in game, but not much...

Fred, what do you mean by secondary texture? :P

Garcia

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2003, 19:03:50 »
Read the tutorial, it explains everything about sec textures.
I didn't mean it was wrong, but it just doesn't look nice, i would like to have a nice, (mmmm, difficult in english if youare dutch) know you know. I want a nice fade

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2003, 23:58:43 »
hmm...

* Garcia is too lazy to learn how to use visitor right now  :-\ ::)

well...there ain't much you can do about the texture problem :-\

Garcia