Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Purple on textures don't you just love it  (Read 1040 times)

STGN

Purple on textures don't you just love it
« on: 17 Jun 2003, 12:16:22 »
Well if you don't here how you get rid of it unfotunetly it only works on grey scale images as far as I know.

This is very easy you need a porgam which can make/convert to .GIF files and Texview.
When you have made the .GIF file you make it in Greyscale (you have to do this otherwies it whont worke) and save it. Then you open it in Texview and save it as a .PAA not .PAC. And then you have a none purple colour texture.

The good:
No purple colour
pictures whit a low colour depth are smaler that normal .PAA and .PAC.

The Bad
Whit a high colour depth(200-250 unique colours in my expirence) is bigger than normal normal .PAA and .PAC.
Offcause this dosen't worke whit textures whit other colours than black, grey and white cause they will disappear in to the colours I have just mentioned.

STGN
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2003, 12:16:46 by STGN »

Rubble_Maker

Re:Purple on textures don't you just love it
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2003, 09:45:25 »
The purple can very often be avoided by putting the textures onto a sheet with a black or grey background color. A white sheet will make it appear almost certainly.

STGN

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2003, 11:36:18 »
The purple can very often be avoided by putting the textures onto a sheet with a black or grey background color. A white sheet will make it appear almost certainly.
As fare as I know that method dosent remove it 100% my does
STGN

Hudson

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2003, 10:23:30 »
I noticed I allways get the purple when using either pure white or pure black colors within the texture. When I adjusted the color slighty the majority of the purple was gone, sometimes completly.