Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Adding command bar insignia  (Read 1227 times)

Nobby

Adding command bar insignia
« on: 14 Jun 2003, 19:16:06 »
How do you add those little insignia icons at the bottom bar which contains all your soldiers? e.g the officer icon, spec-ops icon etc

AND

Where are all those little icons located?

Cheers.

Nobby

Kaliyuga

Re:Adding command bar insignia
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2003, 21:04:11 »
 those insignia are part of the unit defined in it's config.cpp file  and uneditable as far as I know unless you make your own addon with your own custom icon for your unit

Nobby

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2003, 21:10:19 »
How about if I edit the config.cpp file?
There must be some way.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2003, 21:27:08 »
if y edit the config.cpp every1 else must get a copy of ur version to play it and I dont think ppl would like to screw up and download a big cpp file that is mostly the same just to play yer mission.

Nobby

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2003, 12:23:29 »
very true, however I will be only editing the invasion 1944 demo units and it's no problem to download the inv_demo_data.pbo because you can always delete it if you don't like the changes I made to 'em.

So please could you tell me the command lines that will insert these icons?

Cheers.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2003, 12:59:55 »
I dunno really how u do it but u can do it. U have to dePBO the invasion44.pbo and check the .cpp file and do sum shit or sumthin. Anyway, if itÂ's the invasion 1944 pbo u are going to hack it may not be legal... They might have some copyright on their stuff and then they can make yer life a hell... or not. Ask Sefe, heÂ's OFPECs law master. ;D

Skaircro

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2003, 16:28:19 »
It can be edited through the config.cpp line for picture in the cfgvehicles section:
picture="\addon_name\pic.paa";

BUT, as The real Armstrong mentioned, I dont think the Invasion 1944 guys would appreciate you editing their addons.
And if you do it against their wishes, and release it, you will make a lot of enemies.

If you do want to edit the units, contact the appropriate member of the mod and seek their permission first.
If you are editing it for your own personal use then there shouldn't be a problem.

Nobby

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2003, 16:59:01 »
Good call, will probably leave this one alone then.
Appreciate all the help though guys.

Nobby