Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ural or Truck with ZU-23  (Read 1206 times)

armybikos

Ural or Truck with ZU-23
« on: 06 Jun 2003, 23:17:45 »
I was wondering if anyone has seen the way Iraqis mount ZU23's on the back of pickup trucks? They actually disabled an M1A1 Abrams during the war, by sneaking up behind it in a sandstorm and shooting at the back deck. I have been able to add a zu23 to the open 5 ton truck(west) in FP, but I don't understand Oxygen enough to make my own topless Ural or a pickup truck. Does anyone know if anyone has made an open Ural or a pickup truck that I can add the ZU23 to?

FlidMerchant

Re:Ural or Truck with ZU-23
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2003, 23:19:51 »
I don't think it is possible to make a wheeled vehicle with a turret, but you could set the ural as a tracked vehicle. This would stop the wheels turning when you turn the vehicle though.

armybikos

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2003, 01:42:10 »
If you read my message, I already know how to add the zu23 to the bed of the truck I did it on the 5 ton truck for the west in FP, All i need is an open bed truck that is not U.S. and I can do the rest.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2003, 09:11:05 »
I don't think it is possible to make a wheeled vehicle with a turret, but you could set the ural as a tracked vehicle. This would stop the wheels turning when you turn the vehicle though.

:) A wheeled vehicle with a turret  ??? as in  "jeep MG"  :D ;D 8)

Oh, its VERY possible indeed. Armybikos: just DL some of the already made addons, contact the authors & ask for help making your own truck. Gotta start somewhere, right?! :thumbsup:

desert_storm_dude

« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2003, 03:22:13 »
go to opgwc www.roughnecks.org/opgwc and they just made a truck a toyota and see if you can do it for them

jamie_psx

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2003, 06:32:04 »
Hah!
The Gulfwar Crisis Mod (www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/)
are full of crap.
They make nice looking addons but keep everything to themselves (even the betas) and never (or hardly ever) let us play with them.

It's like a freakin' museum over there.  >:(  >:(  >:(
Look, but don't touch.

Anyway, back to the topic.
Yes there's a really good Technical (Toyota Hilux pickup with Dshk heavy machinegun) out there somewhere.

Shouldn't be to hard to find.

But I'm thinking a Zu-23 is too big for a ordinary pickup.
You need something larger, like the 5ton truck.

Oh, and the wheels turn on the Technical.