Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tunnels?  (Read 1380 times)

calvinjune

Tunnels?
« on: 23 May 2003, 07:41:01 »
i've never really done much with my warp editor, so i don't know if this is possible or not.

could a map be made that includes underground tunnels? the vietnam mods could certainly benefit from this, but i think that an island with a huge network of tunnels and chambers beneath it would be great for anyone.

just think: you and your team of special ops guys going beneath enemy fortifications, ambushing the enemy in the darkness, or just the fun of having a map that's really two maps.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
Re:Tunnels?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2003, 15:27:47 »
naaaaaaaah....can't be done...

Garcia

Waterman

« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2003, 17:39:55 »
Well it could be done, but not in WRPedit... ;)

If you make an object shaped like land with a gap for the tunnel underneath, then you could import it into WRPedit and lower the Y-setting, so that it blends in... You could also make it indestructable so that it wont go all crumpled when it gets hit.

It's hard to explain but Im sure at least some of yous will get my idea... ;) ::)

I think Kegetys tried this, but I never seen it released. :-\

Waterman. :)

Leone

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2003, 18:00:43 »
It is possible, but start working now if you're going to finish it before OFP2! It would be a lot of work.

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2003, 01:30:51 »
well...yeah...I know you can do it that way....but if someone was gonna make a nam island with tunnel netowork all over the island, it wouldn't be an island, but a O2 miracle :P It would just be some flat terrain with a giant building on it :o :P

Garcia

usrt_peanut_butter

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2003, 07:00:02 »
i saw a pic long ago showing that tunnels can happen but w.e eh?

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2003, 08:49:21 »
a few small tunnels...that can go...(tried it myself...only problem is I suck to much in O2 :P) But a whole tunnel system under a island...naaah, as I've said...that would be a O2 miracle :P ::)

Garcia

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2003, 14:15:31 »
And as we know, we can run through some objects when we set the game to 4x speed. Just imagine running in a tunnel with that speed. It would have to be wide (the tunnels I mean) and...Damn it would be awesome but not with the current engine. ;) I hope they include some tunnels in OFP2. And for the 'Nam campaing that's gonna be in there. It's nice to crawl in tunnels. ;D Me thinks. :)

Hawkins

lis

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2003, 06:37:46 »
as long as it doesnt turn out like the tunnels in VC.... ;s .. or put lights in them! :O :O

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2003, 08:44:05 »
I think the tunnels in VC we're good. Haven't been into real tunnels made by VC that fought in 'Nam but... They seem ok. :)

Hawkins