Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Shots fall left!...Why?  (Read 927 times)

Relbik

Shots fall left!...Why?
« on: 24 Apr 2003, 05:36:17 »
I've asked before, but never gotten an answer, but why do shots fall to the left when fired from a unit on an incline?

The games standard M21 does it to me, and so do most addon sniper riffles I download, while other sniper addons do not (I have not found one recentally, though).

Could someone please explain?

swordfish

Re:Shots fall left!...Why?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2003, 00:33:25 »
Hi
The game M21 does that to me as well, and the only thing i can think of is wind.
With the scope you can fire at long range targets, (the target is usually further away that you think), meaning the bullets have more wind resistance.

Relbik

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2003, 01:39:10 »
To the best of my knowing, wind has no affect on trajectory of ammo.  Besides, there is no deviation in a shot fired from a flat surface, only on those fired from an incline.  And, why do some sniper addons fire straight from any position?

STGN

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2003, 18:15:47 »
I Have never expirenced that the M21 dosen't hit where I aim it Made (500 m headshot whit out the bullet even droping).
But maby its a fail in your OFP ???
By the way how fare away do you shot.
STGN

swordfish

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2003, 19:45:31 »
Ive made a 500m shot and it has happened, its only with longer ranged targets i find.

Relbik

« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2003, 04:37:59 »
Are you shooting from a slant or incline?

Take pos on the side of a steep hillside.  Place a group of targets below your pos and left or right of your pos 30 degrees or so.  Now you should be aiming down and left or right.

Range the target with the scope and fire.  

Did the shot hit?

For me, it would miss.  The further the target, the greater the miss distance.

Hope this makes sense.

Teryan

« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2003, 05:02:15 »
It's a bug in the opf engion.  When you get a slant, try coutching or standing then fire.

I believe that if your veloicty is high enought that your bullet will not go off to the sides.  Not shure how hight that is.

Baphomet

« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2003, 00:26:12 »
sideAirFriction=1;

?

I dunno found it under class Default... seemed interesting even if it might not have relevance to your problem.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2003, 00:26:57 by Baphomet »

Relbik

« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2003, 03:54:27 »
Thanks to Teyran!  You're the first person to ever tell me that.  I was starting to think it was just my system.  I've downloaded a few rifles that were not effected.  I'm going to try and pull them apart and see what the differences are.

Mean time, if anyone else has ideas...please feel free to clue me in.