Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Selfmade objects contra Demo objects  (Read 2989 times)

Kaliyuga

Re:Selfmade objects contra Demo objects
« Reply #15 on: 20 Apr 2003, 00:22:07 »
There are more important reasons for binarizing, and stopping people from stealing your work is not at the top of the list.
Planck
:thumbsup:

besides.. any addon maker would have an unbinarized version on their own hard drive available for anyone that asked I'm sure  

bringing this back on topic....    

I just wanted to say to all those who seem to have trouble with Binarize  It works like a charm for me....   and I would be more than willing to binarize small addons for island makers if they can't get it to work for them properly

I'm available via email or ICQ

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #16 on: 20 Apr 2003, 03:58:18 »
Arrmmmmmmm ok guyz I don't know if you guyz fully or atleast somehow understand what binarizing is all about.

First of all binarizing will make the .p3d file "VERY" small one half the size of the original .p3d or smaller (my soldiers got into 1/7th of the original size.)

Second you'll have to binarize stuffs in able to place it in your terrain properly.  If you don't binarize the stuff, you'll have problems like placement errors, you won't see it in the wrp editor, you won't be able to climb the ladder (if you have one in the building) and stuffs.  

Steps to Binarizing your objects.
First DL the latest version of binarize.exe link--> ftp://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe/binarize.zip

Second DL the BinarizeIT.exe by Col Klink at link--> http://ofp.gamezone.cz/rest/BinarizeIT.zip

Read the 'readme.txt' in the zip for instruction on where to place the .exe and how to use it.

How to use Binarize program is basically same as the oxygen.  You'll need all the texture files and folders you are using for your model in the binarize folder.  Then move all those folders to the binarize folder as well.  run BinarizeIT.exe and select the folder which you want to binarize.  It'll take couple of seconds or minutes depending on how many stuffs you are Binarizing (it took me minute and 13 seconds for my Afghan models.... :-()

Hope this'll solve your problem.  I had some problems to but after getting how to use the program,,, it has been a charm for me ;)  If I didn't have binarize, I wouldn't have been able to make my Afghan map :D

Hadrian-21VB

« Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2003, 14:47:03 »
Allright  ;D

Thanks to you all, for all your fine answers, they are appreciated  :D

Now I'll get working on those models.