Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Smooth hills  (Read 1253 times)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Smooth hills
« on: 10 Apr 2003, 20:16:54 »
Are there a way to smooth hills that youÂ've done in WRPEdit? Sure, you can use the up/down or exact but thatÂ'll take ages to get it look good. Is there a way or must I do it manually? :-\

Thx in advance :-*.

EDIT: Saw the flatten option and that is what you should use right? But I canÂ't get it to work :-\.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2003, 20:27:03 by The real Armstrong »

Leone

Re:Smooth hills
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:05:36 »
Ahhh.....this smoothing can be done very quickly in Wilber before you import it into WRPEdit. Once it's in there.........well, have fun!  ;) ;D

Waterman

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2003, 13:20:59 »
I just do the "old fashioned" way... ;) Just use the up and down values.  To make it smoother, you have an incline over a greater number of cells, with the steepness getting less and less...

Waterman. :P

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2003, 15:50:49 »
OK, cheers m8s :cheers:. Thx for the replies.

Anyway. This flatten thing then? How do u use it? Can some1 help me?

Leone

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2003, 18:03:31 »
It flattens  :P

You select a rectangle of points using SHIFT+LMB and drag to select the area. Then flatten will ahem, flatten it according to the values you set. There you go  ;)

BlinkDog

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2003, 01:49:45 »
you will also get smoother hills in game depending on what detail setting you use in ofp resistance. The game will create minor variations in your elevations. Try putting it on low and then medium and you will notice on low that peaks will be more angular.