Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: problem with rearming (heli)  (Read 629 times)

Nyles

problem with rearming (heli)
« on: 12 Apr 2003, 02:46:53 »
Hi, I am currently modifying an existing c&h type multiplayer map. While doing so, I have encountered a problem with rearming helis. The plan is that instead of the helis being fully armed at the start, there is an ammo truck at the spawn with exactly the same amount of missiles in it, like the helis would originally have. That way, the teams have to wage if they spend some time to arm the choppers or bring their troops to the front-line right at the beginning and seize a town.

The problem is that when I remove the ammo from the choppers, I am not able to rearm at the ammo truck. If I leave but one missile in each heli, I can hover above the ammo truck and rearm like usual. Is there a known bug, which only allows to rearm if you had at least a few rounds left at mapstart?

This is kinda frustrating, as I want that the helis are completly winchester at the mission start. A single missile left might still be enough to down the enemy heli, while it lands to disembark troopers (parachutes are disabled via script). Has anyone an (easy) solution or workaround, so I can still manage to rearm at the ammo truck later on during the mission, but have emtpy missile racks for the helis at mission start?

Anyone?  :-\

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:problem with rearming (heli)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2003, 22:24:36 »
Hi, I ...have encountered a problem with rearming helis.

...The problem is that when I remove the ammo from the choppers, I am not able to rearm at the ammo truck.

...Anyone?  :-\

If ya slide the ammo bar to the left when creating the bird so that it will only have one missile left,
then it's perfectly clean to simply hoover about the ammo truck & rearm, only it'll take a while(!).

Now, if yer chopper is NOT an orig. bird but some addon, ya need to add the (custom?!) weapons to the truck using the AddMagazineCargo spell  :)

INIT field of truck goes:

This addMagazineCargo ["MyMissile", 10]

...or alike.

Otherwise, it should be completely bug free to rearm above/next to the truck, but ya might need to get real close on the vehicle, and remember that rearming missile (like TOW's) can be quite a drag.  ;)