Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Possible compatability issue?  (Read 945 times)

Mustee

Possible compatability issue?
« on: 08 Apr 2003, 04:17:39 »
I bought OFP when it first came out.  That lovely wife of mine just bought methe GOTY edition.  Both were installed on the 'puter.  When trying to install and run O2, I get a message that I have the wrong CD in.  Ok, np... I put in the older OFP disk and OOPS!  Sorry, wrong Serial number.  C'mon... lol.  Anyone have any ideas?

Also, the docs for 02 state that I should be able to put the parameters "-noland -dx -window" under file>options.  However this doesn't seem to be the case.  To do it my own way I created a shortcut to buldozer and set the parameters in Target under properties.  Then I selected that shortcut under options in O2 as opposed to the original EXE.  It didn't hollar at me, so I suppose it might work.  Any comments on that bit?

Thank you all for an awesome forum!

Please feel free to email me if ya wish...
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2003, 04:18:51 by Mustee »

Mustee

Re:Possible compatability issue?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Apr 2003, 18:08:20 »
Waahahahhaha!

Foolery strikes again.  I uninstalled both versions, then re-installed GOTY.  O2 loads now. Although I did get an error on the first time it loaded complaining that it couldn't find some Glidefx file er something.  Oh well, it still works.

And the parameters bit, well... I got it figured out too.  Now I feel like a fool for posting those problems lol...

Pakman

Re:Possible compatability issue?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2003, 04:33:51 »
Click the little icon down the bottom is you solved it pls