Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stop crashing!!! ye stupid choppers  (Read 976 times)

Rubble_Maker

Stop crashing!!! ye stupid choppers
« on: 28 Mar 2003, 00:36:28 »
Hi I'm trying to stop the stupid AI from crashing into each other with their choppers. I have only 3 choppers in group, and they behave well until they start attacking the enemy. But once they spot the enemy they fly endless passes trying to catch lil stupid soldiers with their gunfire, and after a few minutes they crash into each other. I tried altering various parameters but to no avail; here's the config I currently use; unfortunately I have no idea how these params work or what they do, so if someone could explain I'd really appreciate!

steerAheadSimul=1.00000;         
steerAheadSimul=0.5;
steerAheadPlan=1.300000;      
steerAheadPlan=0.7;
formationX=600;         
formationZ=600;
precision=200;
brakeDistance=100;
predictTurnSimul=100.200000;
predictTurnPlan=100.200000;

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:Stop crashing!!! ye stupid choppers
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2003, 10:58:12 »
Have you tried giving the three helo's different flying heights via the "setflyinheight" command? Make them fly at different altitudes, at least 25m apart.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2003, 21:07:18 »
Well no, didn't try that but the point is that I never noticed that problem with official choppers like , say, the AH-1 or Apache. So I guess its config-related, or maybe its even a model problem that makes it difficult for the AI to control the chopper.

anyways, can someone explain the params I listed?

Offline benreeper

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2003, 18:33:49 »
Fly in height won't work because once they start evasive manuvuers they will drop to like 40 meters.  If you want them to stay in formation set the choppers behaviour to "CARELESS".  They will go wherever you send them, no matter how dangerous the place is, BUT they won't crash into each other and their gunners will still open fire (since they can't put the chopper's weapons on their backs).

Ben

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2003, 09:15:22 »
thx sounds like a nice trick. I still hope someone will explain these config params to me.