Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Aircraft Carrier USS George Washington..........  (Read 2676 times)

ofp..hahha

Aircraft Carrier USS George Washington..........
« on: 24 Aug 2002, 23:48:34 »
Ok guys heres one of the latest pics of our carrier we have been working on.

to see it go to our website at

www.operationnorthstar.com

tai mai shu

Re:Aircraft Carrier USS George Washington..........
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:18:25 »
hmm, its a good effort, but i dont think  theyll be able to get by the collision detection/physics limitations.  that carrier is gonna sink the moment you put anything heavier than a rock on that. >:(

well, its good that in the coming "Independence Lost" addon, theres gonna be a marine carrier that you can fly harriers off of, and land choppers on, cool.  ;D

SFG

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2002, 00:59:30 »
If they make it like a building they can..

ofp..hahha

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2002, 03:29:16 »
Yea I know TAI Mai Shu is wrong we know how to make it so you can land on it so dont worry.

SFG

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2002, 04:35:35 »
 ;D

Bomberman

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2002, 05:46:47 »
SFG:

1B1KSniper

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2002, 18:26:53 »
Cool :o :o :o :o

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2002, 08:34:25 »
SFG:

a sikh bangara guy huh  ;)

Marksman

« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2002, 14:47:19 »
Don't know if you guys have already managed this or not, but i have an idea for getting AI planes to land/take off.

# When defining airstrips for islands, the co-ordinates are taken relative to the bottom left corner (e.g. 0,0)

# And the direction of take off and landing is relative to North on the map.

So it may be possible to use the variables from the CfgWorlds section, in the CfgVehicles section, if the carrier was defined as a building.

Next the landing point could then be found relative to the origin of the aircraft carrier model.

The direction could also then be calculated relative to North on the carrier model.

For this to be successful when the carrier was facing any direction, it would require the OFP engine to continually calculate the positions and directions relative to the carrier.

Also another potential problem would be the carrier's landing info would most likely conflict with the one already in use on the island.

e.g. When you select Autopliot, it doesn't know which one to use.

Just some ideas, it might not even be possible to use the CfgWorlds variables in the CfgVehicles section. But if your interested, just PM me and i should be able to help you out  ;)

Marksman

Bishop

« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2002, 15:52:20 »
We can always make the bridge-effect. In that case planes CAN land on it. But the carrier wont be able to move though... hmm...

ofp..hahha

« Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2002, 20:40:19 »
Planes will be able to takeoff etc. as if we define it as a building......

*Our site is down because our host lied and said we had unlimited transfers but it turned out we """Werent Qualified"""
and they said we only get 2 gigs a month !!!!!!!
We did 3 gigs in one day. We will be getting this fixed pretty soon at the same adress www.operationnorthstar.com

anyways about the carrier landing would be hard but I think I could make a friction script so it would be nice if it would be possible to do what *Marksman said If anyone has any Ideas just pm me...

Offline Vera_Krieg

• Members
  • Your a Daisy if ya' do
« Reply #11 on: 01 Sep 2002, 06:08:33 »
if you can get a functioning aircraft carrier you will already be the man, so don't worry about it.  The model looks great. im wondering how you are going to taxi on such a small surface.  They do it in real life so i guess you will be able to do it. I will be wait in great anticipation for the beta.  like i said... great work
Trained to Fight, Trained To Kill, Ready to Die, but Never Will.  Marines Make the Blood Flow, Blood Makes the Grass Grow...