Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A tank with 5 crew mebers by default?  (Read 1595 times)

ciecato

A tank with 5 crew mebers by default?
« on: 24 Feb 2003, 16:34:24 »
Hi, i already posted a message like this on the wrong section of this forum :
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=6702

but i redo the the question here where i have more chaces to find an help :)

I want to do a tank that has 5 Crewmebers... It has the usually Commander, Gunner, Driver but has also Loader and Radio-Operatror.
I know i can't create new funtion as Loader or Radio Op., but at least i want that two "cargo men" have to be loaded by default on my tank....

I want that if you add my tank on the map (in the mission editor) it alrady has those two people on board (of course together with the 3 "normal" crew members), and i don't have to create two more soldiers setted as "on board" (instead as "in formation") to have them into it...

There is a way to realize what i need? it would be good also a script, but a script called by the "tank".cpp, i don't want to ralize it by a mission script...

I hope you can understand my problem :-D

teaCup

Re:A tank with 5 crew mebers by default?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2003, 19:16:49 »
I think you need to put something like:
typicalCargo[]={"Soldier","SoldierLAW"};
..into your .cpp.

ciecato

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2003, 15:03:01 »
it isn't what i need... it is needed only to set the kind of cargo not that they have to be into tank by default....

Btw... i heard around that there is a command on "inithanndler" (or a name like this, i don't know nothing about scripting :( ) that does what i need.

if there is somebody who knows it please can send an example :)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2003, 19:51:18 »
What kind of tank are we talking? Most modern tanks just have four crew, driver, gunner, loader and commander (who takes care of the radio too). On some smaller tanks such as the Scorpion family have a driver, gunner-radio operator and a commander-loader. The last tank I can think of that had five crew was the Centurion, which had a co-driver.

ciecato

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2003, 00:36:25 »
it is a jagdpanther for inv44 mod...i'm in the team from beginnings and i done some other vehicles (Kubelwagen, M3, Hanomag, Blitz)

but this isn't the problem...

the problem is how to reach what i need?

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2003, 05:28:19 »
That's Probly one of thoes Engine things, like why Blackhawks can't have Crew Cheifs, the Game Engine will only understand Commander, Driver, and the Gunner, the AI won't behave properly, and it will just do weird things.
And lastly I like to thank BIS for a wonderful game  ;D

DeLiltMon

« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2003, 11:35:08 »
Hmmm, I think it can be done, but they'll have to be put in as cargo, the JeepCoDriver proxy might look ok.

ciecato

« Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2003, 19:42:43 »
Yep DeLiltMon,
it is what i want..
i want that two cargo people are by default on the tank in order to simulate crewmembers...

i don't want to make nothing so special..  i only want to know if there is someone that knows a script to be called by "myaddon".cpp that can put these "virtual-crewmwmbers" on my tank from the starting of a mission, whithout adding on the map two soldiers and put them on board...