Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Commands  (Read 420 times)

Rummy

Commands
« on: 25 Jan 2003, 19:37:26 »
Hey all =)

Was wondering if there was a command to make a unit use a command that you would get in game, i.e. Put m16 on back. I've got my own command and i want a unit to activate it on a waypoint. I used the addaction ["Detonate Explosives", blah blah :)] and i'd like the unit to activate the action when it reaches the waypoint.

Is there such a command? If so ... what is it? :p or where can i find it?

Thx, Rummy.

Rummy

Re:Commands
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2003, 19:59:14 »
i am trying to use this in a waypoint or triggerfield... looked at the commands on the site, but i cant get it to work :(

bomber action ["Detonate Explosives", bomber]

Any ideas how to get this to work? bomber is the name of the man. Detonate Explosives is the action.

Rummy

Silver Fox

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2003, 22:28:51 »
Hey Rummy!

I'm not 100% sure what your asking. But i kinda got the idea that you want something to happen when someone reaches a waypoint!  ???

If thats so then its fairly easy mate:

Add a trigger near the wapoint. First you need to sync a link to your waypoint  from your trigger, and to do this you simply click on the sync button at the top of your screen and click and drag from one to the other.

Now in the triggers menu we need to change the drop down menu that says end1 or end2 or end3 to "switch", once thats done just put whatever you want to happen into the activation of this trigger  :D

Now when the waypoint is reached the trigger is activated  :P

Cheers
           Silver

Rummy

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2003, 09:58:38 »
Thx, i'll try that, but i think its the command that is wrong :-)

Rummy

Rummy

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2003, 10:06:35 »
Doesn't work... either im putting in the wrong command... or the script is mucked :).

In the triggers activation field i put:

bomer action ["Detonate Explosives"]

and then sinc it to the way point, wont work so in the waypoints init field i put:

this action ["Detonate Explosives"]

still doesnt work... its got to be the wrong command :-/. The command shows up in the action menu when you play as character ... and its that command that i'd like to be activated .. :-) If it dont work... i'll try a different script.

Rummy