Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Texture help  (Read 824 times)

nobodyshigh

Texture help
« on: 29 Dec 2003, 09:22:29 »
Hello

Well been a while since i ask for help for here..but i could use it look for youself.......... (see pic)(well was goign to leave pic but it wil not let me email me if u want to see this
}
Features:

1. Opening side doors on right side
2. Working lifts and  Exhaust deflectors
3. Catapult and Landing wire scripts
4. Problem of cutting up large buldings fixed

Well  I learned something new about the carriers so u don't have to cut them up any more. But u still have to make the 5different p3d files but they are easy to make.

The first one u make as the Addon that u want ( the whole model) with all lods done in it as normal  except the road way lod you make as the front part of the carrier only 30 feet os so. then save it as  (filename)1.p3d

Then the other 4 p3d files u make a box any size. small  is best the texture it transparent and flip the faces on it so it is facing inside. do this for each file.

Then go back to the whole model agian and get the top of the deck  (ctrl+c it) and just the deck. then open a new o2 page and paste it. Then cut the botom off of it so u are left with just with the top planes of the deck, then u go to each of the four files make a road way lod in each one  and use the top part that we just made and cut it up and set it in each section in.  Then so u are left with it all covered in 5 different file with 4 set as road way lods and the first one as the whole model.

and mermory lod fromthe whole model  has to be cut up also and placed in  4 (box) corsponding p3d file

then use a config that groups the pd3 together and sets as a group addon. Then go to the editor and play the the other four addons that are grouped and move them around till u can run all over it.

it saves alot of lag.

5. Goalkeeper defense system is made a textured

6. Just some nice textures are need for this if u want to help please email me at

nobodyshigh@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2003, 09:39:48 by nobodyshigh »