Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Rideable tanks  (Read 1191 times)

Gerald Duval

Rideable tanks
« on: 29 Nov 2002, 22:21:26 »
If you ever have seen combat footage or even war movies of Armored/infantry on the move, you will see that the men are literally all over the tank riding along, on the tread covers, on the turret, on the front...everywhere. I think that it would add to the realism and fun of OFP to be able to hop a ride on a tank either into or between battles. This would be pretty much for any vehical but specifically for things like BMPs, T80s (ever seen combat footage from Chehcnya?)and ww2 vehicals. It could have the option of disembarking upon being fired upon or something like that. well there go my 2 cents... tell me what you think.

Darkninja

Re:Rideable tanks
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2002, 22:54:17 »
Nice idea!  ;D
Think it should be good.
But new tanks are required then, and some nice switchmoves also...

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2002, 00:34:43 »
Yeah That'd be a Great Idea It Probly wouldn't be too hard!  :D

PFC_Mike

« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2002, 03:02:40 »
I'm pretty sure that you all read the NAm Pack threads as religiously as me and you've seen the pics of the rideable M113. I think that this could be done without too much difficulty. Any volunteers?

Pandoz

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2002, 01:11:54 »
hmmm i have a small script lying around here somewhere that u use to "sit" on tanks while they are standing still. All you have to do would to be get some setpos commands in reference to the center of the tank and have it refresh every 1/10 second or so using those setpos's i think...but ya this would be cool and incredibly simple...but i am too busy with my new mission to mess with it for the time being