Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help  (Read 1761 times)

O Neil

Help
« on: 11 Dec 2002, 11:03:31 »
Hey

Soz bout this, but none of the tuts by sniper come up!
All I want to know is how to elevate land.

O Neil

PS: yes,. I've never used this before. ;)

BlinkDog

Re:Help
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2002, 15:59:14 »
First select "cells grid" in the bottom box labeled "show". You will now see a series of small 50mx 50m scale squares. take you mouse pointer and put over the corners of the squares and hit "cntrl + left click" this will create a little red spot on the corners. After selecting your elevation points then goto Landscape/ Edit on the side menu and put the desired elevation where it says "value", and click the "change" button below it.

BlinkDog

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2002, 16:03:11 »
oh another thing you will have to unselect those cells after you do your elevation adjustment or you will change it if you try to do another elevation adjustment. Just do the cntrl+left click over the points again. Also in the edit menu in the top left corner you can select all cells if you want to raise the whole island above water level or whatever.

O Neil

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2002, 05:23:06 »
I've done that but it doesn't elevate it. Or at least it doesn't shot it. I heard somewhere that you can create a map useing terragen. Can you ?

O Neil ;)

BlinkDog

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2002, 19:30:26 »
Yes you need terragen and wilber. There are tutorials about I'll dig up the links if I can find them. Thats how I did my current map I am working on, I just did some random terrain in Terragen the exported it. I only did some modification in wrpedit for elevations and such.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2002, 21:33:18 »
There is a WrpEdit Manual/Tutorial available here:

http://www.res-command.com/internalediting/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=1

It should help a bit.

Planck

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

O Neil

« Reply #6 on: 13 Dec 2002, 00:15:14 »
Thxs guys.

Get back if someting happens ;)

Doe

« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2002, 17:12:13 »
Dont know if you figured it out already but its very simple, select an area, now in the landscape tab. select Exact in the choose operation box, do something like um type like 200 or something in the value box, click the change tab. Now go to Surfaces tab select the dirt texture (Eden\ps.paa), now you can either go to Edit and click "select all cells", or use Ctrl+Q to select it them. Once selected click the change button. Now go to the Flags tab and similar to selecting all cells youll want to "select all elevations" by going to Edit or usong Ctrl+W to do this. Once done click the Default button in the Flags section, Thats basicly it, you should now see yur terrain by using the the preview camera( F9 or under View).  

Hope this helps if you havnt figured it out already.

Doe©