Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is there an RAH-66 Comanche addon out there?  (Read 1772 times)

orlics101

Is there an RAH-66 Comanche addon out there?
« on: 27 Oct 2002, 09:57:33 »
CAn anybody help? Thanks in advance.

E.T.

Re:Is there an RAH-66 Comanche addon out there?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2002, 22:46:31 »
have looked through just about every addon site available and have never come across one.  sorry.

FlidMerchant

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2002, 18:51:24 »
I think on www.operationflashpoint.cz they had either news of one in production, or a download.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2002, 08:31:18 »
One has been started by a new modeller, and he has passed the model on to the BAS team for completion, if I'm not mistaken. The good news is, it was a good model to begin with, and BAS is known for being the best addon factory in the community. So when the team is finished with it, it will be excellent. The bad news is, the BAS team already has a lot on their plates, so it's hard to say when the Commanche will be ready for them to release.

Eviscerator

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2002, 09:52:45 »
erm, thats not technically the case, i think hes moved it to bas to use our knowledge and advice etc im pretty sure hes still one of the only guys working on it(i think he is getting help from a couple of others), the rest of us have our own work :)

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2002, 19:55:35 »
Oh well, I guess i'm wrong then. I suppose were out of luck, and a RAH-66, for the time being.
Thats not good, either, as I know there are several new Russian helo's in developement, to match the West's ( in-game ) attack helocopter dominance.
Then again I know someone who might be able to help...

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2002, 20:24:13 »
eh? how is this worse, he'll probably have the same release date if not sooner...

Yippyfn

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2002, 01:39:08 »
The Comanche is awesome, but wouldn't it be hard to do with all the little grooves and stuff in it? Maybe you could just leave that out...By the way orlics, this is Ding.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2002, 07:37:38 »
well, Eviscerator I had inferred from your post that as the rest of you are busy, that it had been put on a backburner. I don't think he had stated a release date, but addons from BAS, ( Because their attention to detail, and incredible accuracy. ) take quite a while to be released...
Not that I'm complaining, per se- I'd much rather download a first-rate addon as opposed to getting one that was rushed, as they tend to look... rushed.
So do you have a date for the Commanche?

Eviscerator

« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2002, 09:13:51 »
well, we are busy, unbelievably busy, but i dont think that will affect Bishop, and no, the main team doesnt have much to do with the RAH-66 at the minute, i believe scorpio is helping bishop, so no release date, from me anyway, you'd have to grab bishop or scorpio might know, but theyre not around much...
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2002, 09:15:40 by Eviscerator »

1B1KSniper

« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2002, 13:15:53 »
You can find Bishop on the Op-Scifi forums...  He is one of our moderators...  He is also an excellent modeller, he is making our TIE series for the SW mod...  I'm sure if you pop up on our forums and ask him he'd be happy to tell you...
The forums are at http://scifi.the-spectrum.org/cgi-bin/forum.pl

orlics101

« Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2002, 13:17:43 »
Hey guys. Hey Ding. Damn I posted this a long time ago. Thanks a lot! :)

Jakerod

« Reply #12 on: 21 Nov 2002, 03:18:11 »