Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Civilians/Using the back of lorries  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Arkon

• Members
Civilians/Using the back of lorries
« on: 08 Mar 2007, 22:57:07 »
Hi,

Couple of interesting problems someone may have ideas about. Iv'e tried endless fruitless searches to no avail.

1) Civilians - whenever they get within the vicinity of OPFOR they squirm around on the ground and refuse to follow any
insructions. The same happens if driving vehicles they will abandon the vehicle and refuse to pass by OPFOR. Whilst some realism
would deem some Civilians to behave like this, 100% behaving like this is silly and counter productive as it renders them useless
for any part(s) in mission design involving general interaction with one side. My question is does anyone have a solution to allow intergration of Civilians into missions. I have tried various solutions with AI and setting them to "Captured" etc without luck. What I'm after is a way of allowing Civilians to carry
on normally when OPFOR are about.

2) As PLAYER I have been unable to get into the back of any lorries of any side or type although the option is sometimes available on the middle button menu.
If you choose that option it puts you in one of the front seats!
If you are in one of the front drivers seat the option to get in the back is sometimes available - this puts you in the passenger seat.

Thanks in advance

Arkon

« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2007, 23:13:47 by Arkon »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: Civilians/Using the back of lorries
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2007, 00:34:46 »
civilians - set as friendly to everyone ... should  make them behave more like civvys .. and let them go about there normal buisness .. alter accordingly .. if you want them to react to west units make them friends with  east  or vica/versa ...

as for occupying rear of vehicle try playing with 

unit name  moveInCargo [truckname , 4 ]

(#can be changed to reflect cargo position)

(nb i tried this for boats without result  but according to wiki  it should work)
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline SaBrE

• Members
  • I was once a Llama
    • www.Armed-Assault-Zone.com
Re: Civilians/Using the back of lorries
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2007, 14:01:19 »
Alternatively with the civilians, you can do this setbehaviour "careless" and they won't care if they see OPFOR, but a side-effect of this is they aren't scared by gunfire, either :/

If you don't want anyone in the front seats, they are automatically used first by the AI AFAIK. You can drop a gamelogic or two (depending on the amount of front passenger seats) down and write this moveincargo truck1 n their init fields. Then you will get in the back when you do the ordinary get in action :)
Can you HELP?