Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sound Resource List  (Read 2224 times)

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
Sound Resource List
« on: 16 Oct 2005, 15:02:32 »
I recently went looking for a list of sound effects that were built in to Flashpoint and was surprised to find that one didn't exist. With hindsight, I now know why. It's a pretty big task! By my reckoning there's at least 989 files for the original Cold War Crisis campaign, 396 for the Red Hammer expansion campaign and 651 for Resistance.

So, I'm asking for help.

If anyone can spare the time:
de-pbo a campaign
get a list of the files in the missions folder
enter them into the attached spreadsheet with a brief description of what the file is, and if it's a voice file a brief summary of the text that is spoken.

I've made a start on all of the campaigns, which should give you an idea of the sort of thing I thought would make sense to have. If anyone has any further suggestions they would be gratefully received.

My method of doing this (there may be easier):
Use Amalfi's de-pbo utility on the campaign file:
http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/the_files/OFPResources/tools/pbo_decryptor15.zip

Then use Winamp on the missions' folder (playlist, add folder).
http://www.winamp.com/player/free.php

This then gives a list of all the sound files that can be read in the playlist.

I don't know how we're going to manage the spreadsheet and we don't want people duplicating entries for time/frustration reasons. ;) So, again suggestions about this are welcome.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2007, 11:14:49 by bedges »
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Sound Resource List
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2005, 15:12:57 »
Excellent idea MrN!    We'll make this a temporary sticky.  When the information has been collected it should be turned into a tutorial and submitted to the Editors Depot.    We will then unstick the thread.

Rules:-

• Download the latest version of the spreadsheet from the last post in the thread
  • Make a post saying which bit you are going to do.  Don't bite off more than you can chew
  • Do it in a timely manner (day or two)
  • Post the result.  Use the date in the name of the spreadsheet/zip, using your tag or initals as a modifier, so that the many versions of the spreadsheet are not confused.  

Example name:-   Sound_list_MACG_16Oct.zip

• Everybody who contributes will be credited in the final tutorial
  • Always check one or two of the existing entries to make sure both you and other people are doing the right thing, and the same thing.

MrN, please try to keep the first post updated with the latest version as best you can.   This is not an infallable system but it should help prevent duplication.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2005, 15:16:20 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
Re:Sound Resource List
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2005, 16:27:02 »
Updated version in first post.

Just for info, I'm working my way through the voice files at the moment.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
Re: Sound Resource List
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2006, 23:37:15 »
None of the links are working. Are there other links to use? ???

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2006, 23:57:20 »
have a look in the temporary editor's depot. link at the top of the screen.

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2007, 05:07:14 »
I would be more than happy to help out with this. Where is the actual download? :D

Chris
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2007, 11:18:19 »
amalfi's pbo decryptor is in the tools section of the ed depot.

the links for winamp download are along the bottom of the features table (go pro, bundle, full, lite).

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2007, 22:55:24 »
I mean where is the actual download to the ''list'' or whatever lol.

I've got ''PBOPatcher'' which is pretty much the ''all-in-one'' and WinAmp? Well, I've got GoldWave lol. :D

Chris :)

#removed unnecessary quote - bedges
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2007, 12:23:58 by bedges »
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2007, 12:25:51 »
there is obviously no attached spreadsheet, for whatever reason. you could always start one and attach it here.

please do not quote the post before your own, it is not necessary.