Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making photo border like in game?, Can't find the tutorial...  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Wabbit

• Members
  • Jeez, I used to have so many posts!
I'd like to take a screenshot and turn it into a photo to use in a mission briefing, like I have seen in some missions. How do I add the white border and drop shadow like I've seen? I know very little about computer graphics, other than how to save as jpg...

What I would really like to do is take several pictures and have them laid out on top eachother, slightly fanned out with a paperclip...

Can you have a picture on the briefing? Can it be on the left side of the book?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
To have graphical effects like shadows, you're going to need a more advanced program than the standard MS Paint. I for one use Photoshop, and find it the best program out there, but it is quite expensive so if you're looking at a cheaper option (free) I would recommend downloading a program called 'The GIMP', which is a freeware graphics program.

Search arond the net for some tutorials (it's been a long tim since I used it) and I'm sure you'll be using all the effects you ever wanted in no time at all.

Offline Wabbit

• Members
Four years ago, when I was making my mission, I somehow managed to take a screenshot for the overview and have it turned into a picture with the white border and a drop shadow.  I have absolutely no idea how I did it, but it must have been easy, because I wouldn't be able to pull it off otherwise...  I was hoping I could find whatever helped me do that.
 :dunno:

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
here's one i made earlier...
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 12:23:53 by savedbygrace »

Offline Wabbit

• Members
Thanks, Bedges!
I imagine I can just put my picture over it and merge them somehow.  Is the green color important to this process, sort of like TV "green screens"?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
No.   Lose the green, replace it with your pic.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play