Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: adding hair to a model  (Read 1390 times)

Offline neilreed

• Members
adding hair to a model
« on: 05 Jul 2006, 12:44:24 »
hello everyone , iam very new new to 3d moddeling 2 days in oxygen , but iam getting the grasp of it, iam trying to add some hair on to a model with laumas head , i got the hair from poser in 3ds format, i can add it to the model and view it in bulldozer but when i start ofp the hair is beneathe the models butt i dont know how to group it to the head ,like a helmet , i have tried a few tutorials but none cover infantry, if anyone knows and can be bothered to answer please do , cheers
Neilreed101

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: adding hair to a model
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2006, 15:23:50 »
I would guess you need to include the hair part into the head named selection (at least), I believe the named selection was called hlava...

First select the selection hlava (the head model turns red) then hold down left 'Ctrl' and select the hair part..
Now you should have both the head and the hair red. Then 'right-click' with your mouse on the hlava selection name in the named selections list and select Redefine, and thus you should have the hair in the selection hlava..

Should work... Sorry if I'm not clear enough with my instructions, I'm not exactly a modeller myself..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline neilreed

• Members
Re: adding hair to a model
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2006, 18:46:47 »
Yeah thanks alot man that worked , its really nice when someone takes time to help someone eles i appreaciate that cheers.
regards NeilReed101
Operation Farmland concept artist
solved