Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: config for automatic shotgun  (Read 1061 times)

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
config for automatic shotgun
« on: 30 Dec 2005, 00:30:00 »
well, normally i have my wizzards for this, but it's a little tricky this time:
i need a config for an AA-12 auto assault shotgun, firing 300  rounds per minute (the manufacturer says 360), the model's done, ready to go with my USSF.

ok, anyway... the problem is the reloadtime in the cfgweapons: if i set it to 0.0001 to imitate a, let's say 10 round, burst, and set autofire=true (which is quite necessary, cos it's really a fully automatic shotgun with no trigger selection afaik), then the whole magazine is emptied in one massive burst.

here's the other option: i set the reloadtime to 0.2 (-> 300 rpm), then i just get some kind of woodpecker-like gun, cos that way the ofp workaround for shotgun bursts doesn't work anymore.

i tried a script that kyle sarnik sent me sometime ago, but it only works at a certain distance. if spawn extra bullets when a shot is detected, but given the speed of the bullets it only works at distances of like 30m from the target and farther, plus: it doesn't work when you pick up the AA-12 having started with another one cos the script is bound to an eventhandler attached to a unit, not to the weapon (which is impossible, i know...)

i never pretended this is easy... does anyone have a clue about how to solve this???
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD