Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reconfigging an existing BIS addon  (Read 3421 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Re:Reconfigging an existing BIS addon
« Reply #15 on: 13 Dec 2005, 20:52:20 »
All that is beyond me. I dabble with textures when I want to create something specific for a mission but I always need help as you probably noticed.

Tell me more about the SetObjectTexture. Are you saying that if I throw 5 or 10 textures into the .pbo file that with a command they can all be used on the same sign?

If so, How would I go about doing it?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #16 on: 13 Dec 2005, 21:22:26 »
I've never really had cause to use setobjecttexture, so my knowledge there is limited.

There is a tutorial about this by Fab in the Editors Depot.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #17 on: 13 Dec 2005, 23:27:22 »
well.... the setobjecttexture command only works for models which have selections which you refer to... so you necessarily need to load the model in o² beforehand in order to give the models selections at all. simple objects don't have any selection.
... so you see: if you don't want to change the texture path via hex-editing or a texture swap tool, you won't be able to avoid editing in o².

and if you want to make loads of re-textured addons, i would really recommend you to get familiar with o2... believe me, it's dead simple and IMO easier than texture swap tools and hex editnig which can potentially mess up the whole model.
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD