Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: setObjectTexture  (Read 1468 times)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
setObjectTexture
« on: 03 Oct 2005, 19:11:34 »
I don't want to make an addon - but I figure you guys will know the answer to my question.  Can I use setObjectTexture in a normal script?  What I want to do is to 'paint' a flag on side of certain tanks.  I have two flags and I have two sides.  Can this be done without making an addon?

Any help gratefully received.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2005, 19:12:09 by THobson »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re:setObjectTexture
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2005, 16:57:33 »
Afaik no.

setObjectTexture requires a hiddenSelections[] entry in the config and none of the BIS vehicles have any, except some soldiers..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Lean Bear

« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2005, 20:01:33 »
HateR_Kint is right here. You need the hidden selections in the config and perhaps a sections[]= part in the actualy vehicle config itself.

The medic soldier has a hidden selections part (for a patch on the arm and webbing) and that's all I can think of.

Some BIS vehicles have some little planes dotted around with either the BIS logo or a hazard sign ??? And since you don't see these in game, I'm assuming they're hidden as thet're nicely textured in O2. But you'd need to check the config about that.

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2005, 09:06:28 »
IIRC, in addition to the hidden selection part in the config, you need to have made a part for the model in O2, which is then defined in the hidden selection. For example, you create a small flat area in O2 and place it where you want to have the texture. You then need to name that part to whatever you wish, and define it as arm, leg, head... depending on the place where you placed the part. Get me? :) So in short, it's not just the config. For examples, you can look at the BAS Ranger models and see how they did it, or I can send you one of my soldiers so you can see how it's done.

I hope this cleared the thing up a bit. If you have any more questions, post here. ;)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2005, 10:19:07 »
Thank you.  You confirmed my fears.  I don't want to make, or even use an addon for my mission.

I currently have some armour bearing flags and thought it would be neat to have them painted on the side of the vehicles instead, then I saw setObjectTexture and I wondered if it was possble from within a script.  Sadly not.

Thank you all for your help.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2005, 10:19:53 by THobson »