Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wound textures  (Read 1244 times)

TC

Wound textures
« on: 12 Aug 2005, 16:53:29 »
I have tried a bit of fooling around with the config files of some of my home grown mods, trying to affix wound textures, but cant get it to work, can anyone help?

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:Wound textures
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2005, 17:40:39 »
basically you tell the game engine in the config what textures you use; after each texture you put the wound texture - all without the format suffix.
to simplify matters i quote the config of my iraqi infantry here.
this belongs to the top of the config:
Code: [Select]
#define hm_liz_iraqi_WOUNDS     wounds[] = {"\IMUC_Data\liz\arm", "\IMUC_Data\liz\armD","\IMUC_Data\liz\legs","\IMUC_Data\liz\legsD", "\IMUC_Data\liz\legsl","\IMUC_Data\liz\legslD", "\IMUC_Data\liz\shirt_v", "\IMUC_Data\liz\shirt_vD", "\IMUC_Data\liz\shirt_h", "\IMUC_Data\liz\shirt_hd", "\IMUC_Data\liz\liz_l1","\IMUC_Data\liz\liz_l1D", "\IMUC_Data\des\helm_s", "\IMUC_Data\des\helmsD", "\IMUC_Data\des\helmsl1", "\IMUC_Data\des\helmsl1D"};"\imuc_data\liz\arm" would refer to arm.pac in that folder; armD is the wound texture armD.pac, etc.
i named the textures like BIS did it (with a capitalized D as suffix, but you're not obliged to do so too. actually you can use any suffix, prefix or whatever you want)

to assign a set of wound textures to a unit you put this line in the cfgvehicle section of a unit. again the iraqi lizard camo example:
Code: [Select]
hm_liz_iraqi_WOUNDS NB: no semicolon

you can also put the wounds[]={abcde....etc} bit in the cfgvehicle-section of a unit, but in my opinion that makes the config a bit complex.
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

TC

Re:Wound textures
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2005, 23:54:06 »
Cheers bud!