Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Creating Textures  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Creating Textures
« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2005, 20:39:59 »
If I recall correctly, you can load 4WVR .wrp files into Visitor.

I also seem to recall it as being temperamentral whilst trying.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

vovi

« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2005, 23:39:01 »
can you? that would be helpful, i seem to remember visitor saving things as '.pew'

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2005, 23:57:33 »
I think it exports to .wrp files also, .pew I suspect is a sort of project file whilst the island is being constructed.

I might have a bash at playing with it again to see what I can find out.

Might be a few days away though.

Planck

vovi

« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2005, 12:01:02 »
cheers for that, in the mean time i suppose i should download it and have a play myself. I suppose in theory i shouldnt need to download bulldozer because i only need visitor to make the transitions.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #19 on: 23 May 2005, 19:17:37 »
Hello vovi,

Well it seems I was wrong and my memory had failed me, Visitor doesn't load 4WVR.

However all is not lost, it will load OPRW.

I think I have it clear in my mind again as far as .wrp files go:

WrpEdit only loads and saves OPRW.
WrpTool, I think, will load both OPRW and 4WVR, but only saves 4WVR.
Visitor will not load 4WVR, but will load OPRW, but it only saves .wrp as 4WVR.

Anyway, it should all work ok if you load a OPRW .wrp into Visitor and use it to create your transitional textures.

You need to have your .wrp file in its own folder, together with its base textures.
When you save it from Visitor it will save the transitional textures into this folder.
Be aware that the OPRW .wrp file will be overwritten when you save and will then be a 4WVR .wrp file, so if you wish to keep the OPRW version, keep a copy safe somewhere.

When you start up Visitor, select NEW and then specify 256 X 256 as the terrain size.

Once that is done, you need to connect to Buldozer, otherwise you will not get the option to load any .wrp files.

Once Buldozer has finished loading.....be patient here......select Import World from the Project Menu and choose your OPRW .wrp file.

Buldozer will immediately crash out and will leave a small requester behind complaining that the terrain size was not ^2, this of course is complete rubbish and I don't know why it does this.

Anyway, just cancel that requester, connect to Buldozer again then select your terrain again, this time it should load ok. It always takes me 2 tries to get a .wrp file loaded it reminds me why I don't bother too much with Visitor.....it is clunky.

Best of luck.

If you like you can use the basic OPRW .wrp file from the link below, it is just a flat terrain, textured with the sand texture ps.paa and 1 object, a rock in the middle.
The reason for the rock is because I have found that Buldozer doesn't seem to like islands with no objects on them, so I added a rock, and it worked. It won't even load intro.wrp from the OFP\Worlds folder, but it will load eden.wrp.

Planck
« Last Edit: 23 May 2005, 19:19:19 by Planck »

vovi

« Reply #20 on: 12 Jul 2005, 12:15:05 »
Thanks guys for all your help.

GIMP RULES.

Topic Solved.

« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2005, 12:15:34 by vovi »