Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CCP to BIN problem  (Read 1397 times)

dertien13

CCP to BIN problem
« on: 26 May 2005, 14:41:30 »
Hello all,

I have put together a CCP (merely copy pasted some stuff to get some anims working with the ecp I use) but I always get an error when using the ccp2bin tool.

error on property destroyFriendly - CfgExperience

does anyone know why this is ?

I would appreciate it if someone could convert the CCP to Bin for me and put it online for download at rapidshare.de

you can download it here

http://rapidshare.de/files/1991640/config.cpp.html

click the button at the bottom op the page which says FREE and scroll to the bottom of the next page to download the ccp.

Please use the same method for upload, It's simple and doesn't need registration.

thx in advance

dertien

dertien13

Re:CCP to BIN problem
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2005, 16:16:25 »
Okay I got it to work myself

I have noticed that it is a good solution to work with COC's binview utility to unpack the bin files and to repack them with the ccp2bin utility from amalfi.

if you cannot read/unpack the bin or cpp file with binview, there is much likely an error in the syntax. I have now succesfully compiled the Locke animations in the bin file to work with the ECP mod.

I take no credit whatsoever for these mods, they are property of their respective owners. This is just a file where I have combined the animations of Locke (leaning and rolling + crouched walk) to work together with ECP.

It is pretty easy to use notepad and do a search for the different Locke scripts in the ccp and insert them in your Config.ccp file from the mod you are using.

A little bit of common sense is needed. Just don't forget to give credit to the right people when you are working with other peoples mods.

Thank you.

here's the download link

http://rapidshare.de/files/1993790/Locke_ecp.zip.html

Dertien

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Re:CCP to BIN problem
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2005, 01:24:49 »
>if you cannot read/unpack the bin or cpp file with binview, there is much likely an error in the syntax.

in bin files yes, that's definite. In standard text files binview throws it's hands in the air for what it sees as missing semicolons and wherever a spaced named file is used eg

model=\here\there and there;

The ofp engine has no difficulty with these as it (generally) treats end of line as being a semicolon when necessary and treats all characters after = to ; or eol as being "a text string"

Be that as it may, can you tell me WHY cpp2bin is STILL used. What is it good for, is it needed or necessary?
Just say no to bugz